Seven teams that could make next year’s playoff (Gophers on the list)

pk2

Reaction score
From the Chicago Sun-Times.

The Gophers made theIr list of six/seven schools that could make the playoff next season for the first time. I’m not putting a lot of stock in it, though, as Texas and UCF also made the list. Oh, well, at least the Gophers are getting some positive press.

Alphabetically, they have Auburn, Florida, Penn State, Texas, UCF, and Minnesota/Wisconsin.

Wisconsin or Minnesota: Is this cheating? It feels like cheating. But these rivals seem tied together heading into a new year. The Badgers are one of the top programs yet to make the playoff. The Gophers have huge momentum after the bowl win against Auburn, and their 2020 schedule is pretty friendly. Can a Big Ten West team grab a league title for the first time in seven years?

Took a peak at UCF's schedule. Their three toughest games are North Carolina, Memphis, and Cincinnati. I find it hard to believe that even if they run the table that that schedule will be good enough to get them into the CFP. Of course if they go unbeaten they can just declare another National Championship like they did when Frost was there.

Texas seems to be the trendy pick for next year similar to how Nebraska was heading into 2019.

Took a peak at UCF's schedule. Their three toughest games are North Carolina, Memphis, and Cincinnati. I find it hard to believe that even if they run the table that that schedule will be good enough to get them into the CFP. Of course if they go unbeaten they can just declare another National Championship like they did when Frost was there.

Texas seems to be the trendy pick for next year similar to how Nebraska was heading into 2019.
Agree. SOS is not good and even if they run the table, I see it hard for UCF to crack the top 10, let alone the top five.

Texas is always a trendy, perennially disappointing team

Top Bottom