Seven Gophers Honored by Phil Steele Publications

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per the U:

Tyler Nubin named Preseason All-American
Seven different Gophers were recently recognized by Phil Steele Publications as either members or the Preseason All-American Team or Preseason Big Ten Team in advance of the 2023 season.

Defensive back Tyler Nubin and tight end Brevyn Spann-Ford were both named First Team All-Big Ten, while Nubin was also named Third Team All-American.

Receiver Daniel Jackson and offensive lineman Aireontae Ersery were both appointed Second Team All-Big Ten on offense and Quentin Redding made his first of two appearances on the list as a Second Team All-Big Ten punt returner.

Redding also earned Fourth Team All-Big Ten honors as a kick returner, where was also joined by long snapper Brady Weeks. Offensive lineman Quinn Carroll also earned Fourth Team All-Big Ten accolades from the publication.

Phil Steele's 2023 Defensive All-American Team
Third Team
Tyler Nubin, Defensive Back

Phil Steele's 2023 Preseason Big Ten Team
First Team

Brevyn Spann-Ford, Tight End
Tyler Nubin, Defensive Back

Second Team
Daniel Jackson, Receiver
Aireontae Ersery, Offensive Line
Quentin Redding, Punt Return

Fourth Team
Quinn Carroll, Offensive Line
Quentin Redding, Kick Return
Brady Weeks, Long Snapper

Go Gophers!!

Guys like Walley, Lindenberg and maybe Spencer and a few others need to read this article.

In the good old days, I used to buy "Street & Smith's" preview magazine every year and read the thing from cover to cover. Later on, I switched to the Phil Steele magazine, because I thought it was presented in a more entertaining fashion.

now, with the internet, I haven't bought a pre-season magazine in years. I kind of miss it. and it was primo bathroom reading material.

granted, in the age of the transfer portal, it's much harder for a magazine - with its publication deadlines - to stay current with player movement.

SON. I was a Street and Smith's guy for years - both football and basketball. In 1980 I had a nice picture from Street & Smith posted on the wall of my dorm room. It was of a really cute cheerleader with the caption over her "Deep South". My room-mate and I loved it, but it irritated my then-girlfriend (now wife :) ) quite a bit.........

Top Bottom