Set Your DVRs

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
As part of their Minnesota 2023 coverage BTN has a slew of "Games in 60" for Minnesota over the rest of today's broadcast schedule.

Lots of classics from the Mason era going forward. Some of these are a must for one's virtual library.

Probably the greatest scene of them all is the UM Flag planting by Laurence Maroney on the Michigan "M" at the Big House 50-yard line in 2005. Pretty rude but a classic moment.

Of course ending the victory over Wisky with "Jump" in recent history at TCF was pretty epic too.

Or the Gophers improbable win in the Horseshoe in 2000 against John Cooper's Buckeyes is a great one too. We were fielding a two QB system in those days.

You get the gist....

Last edited:

Glad to see the old games, thankfully we have more recent games too.

I used to record a lot of this stuff but now you can find it all on YouTube, etc and I can flip it onto the TV any time.

The 1981 OSU game shows you how far broadcasting has come. Terry Hanratty is horrendous.

Still fun, though.

Last edited:

Saw our Wisconsin game from last year! That was close as they marched right down the field with less than a minute left attempt to tie the game. Then consecutive flags reverse them backwards. Dylan Wright was a key player in that game for us.

Rewatched both the Nebraska 2013 win and the OH-IO State 2000 win and enjoyed both.

Actually, the focus has been on getting Floyd home from I-O-W-A City since that hasn't happened since 1999. Similar focus is warranted for the Horseshoe game since that 2000 win was the last one there.

Achieving both would certainly make 2023 a GOLDEN Season.

The 2000 OSU game has eluded me so it was nice to see that one. It was also nice to see some of the 2022 games that aren’t “classic” games. I sort of forgot just how dreadful Northwestern was in 2022. There aren’t often pushovers to that degree in conference games.

Top Bottom