Seniors

Schnoodler

Ice Cream Abuser
Reaction score
There are seventeen seniors on the Gopher roster. What a journey these kids have been through. Some were recruited by Mason's staff. Others came in with a new coach. They've gone from the dome to TCF, and survived numerous coordinator changes. They are a hodgepodge of athletes that don't seem to fit yet have been instrumental in defining this team and setting in place a strong foundation for the future.

They deserved a better road, yet somehow I think they are all better for the journey. Here's the breakdown:

Mason's recruits

Alford
Brinkhaus
Buckner
Burris
Ellestad
Weber

Brews first class (2007)
Collado
McGarry
Theret

Transfers

Carufel
Royston

JUCO's

Carpenter
Wills

Walk-ons

Coleman
Hoese
Hughes
Sveum

Correct or add additional info if you have it.

And some of the 06 class didn't make it for various reasons. Becker, Callender, Fischer, Howard, EJ Jones, McField, McWhirter, Sherrer, Wey(injured). I always appreciate the Seniors for their contribution and taking advantage of the situation they accepted when the enrolled at the UM. I hope they have applied themselves and walk away with a diploma.

A couple changes

Collado was an early Mason recruit. So was Bennett. They stuck with Brewster although I'm not sure they had many options, especially that late in the recruiting game. Greg Jones and Devin Bishop did have options, and unfortunately for us, they exercised them.

Collado was an early Mason recruit. So was Bennett. They stuck with Brewster although I'm not sure they had many options, especially that late in the recruiting game. Greg Jones and Devin Bishop did have options, and unfortunately for us, they exercised them.

I guess I didn't differentiate between who recruited who, only who's class they were in. But it is an important note. Thank you. Bennett is still a Junior so will be on next years list.

Top Bottom