Senior Day for Indiana

GoldenRowpher

Reaction score
The gophers will be rolling into Bloomington next Saturday vs a team that has struggled mightily this year, but I guarantee you they will be ready to go for their seniors. Huge game for Fleck. If PJ goes winless in November (after he signed his big deal) Coyle will look like a fool. Taking an L next Saturday will feel like rock bottom.

The spread will be under 4 so be prepared for the L.

Rock bottom this year will remain the Bowling Green loss. That is possibly the worst loss in school history. Illini/Iowa losses sting but no where near as bad as BG

Rock bottom this year will remain the Bowling Green loss. That is possibly the worst loss in school history. Illini/Iowa losses sting but no where near as bad as BG
The bowling green loss isn’t a top 5 loss post 2000 let alone this history of the program.

South Dakota
North Dakota state x2
New Mexico state
Toledo by about 30
Indiana the week after beating Ohio state

Spread is MN -6.5 which I actually think is still light. I expect MN to roll IU.

Spread is MN -6.5 which I actually think is still light. I expect MN to roll IU.
Wouldn’t touch it.
Minnesota might not show up.

I’ve only been confident of a gopher cover or non cover all year three times

i had bowling green +39 or whatever (based on that spread being ridiculous based on the style we play)
I had Minnesota -7.5 to northwestern (because northwestern is absolutely impotent)
Minnesota -4 to Maryland (because Maryland can never win a big game and it would’ve been for them)

Minnesota too much of a wildcard.
so I bet based on opponent and spread.
Indiana at home on senior day is too much of a wildcard.

The bowling green loss isn’t a top 5 loss post 2000 let alone this history of the program.

South Dakota
North Dakota state x2
New Mexico state
Toledo by about 30
Indiana the week after beating Ohio state
Thank you for providing clarity to a hyperbolic pose👏

Will all of the people giving IU this "guaranteed" senior day boost also give it to the Gophers the following week against wisconsin? Or does it only work when we're being pessimistic about losing?

Apparently the Gophers have quit on the season and Indiana still has a lot of fight for their seniors. Or something.

Say what you want, the Gophers played hard last week vs. Iowa. They did not look like a team that has written off the season. I have seen years like that (think 1983) and it isn't pretty. Then you are getting blown out by 60 points every week.

I think the Gophers go down to Indiana and blow them out with the same effort they showed vs. Iowa. Of course, I have also seen the effort vs. Bowling Green this year and if THAT happens of course we could lose this game.

I don't think so though - I think the Gophers go down there and really take it to them. That will get us to 7 wins and then we can talk about Wisconsin. Although we won't have a dream season this year, we can still salvage this into being a good year. If we were to finish with an upset over Wisconsin and win a good bowl game and finish 9-4 I would still be a happy camper.

But you have got to beat Indiana this week first.

Will all of the people giving IU this "guaranteed" senior day boost also give it to the Gophers the following week against wisconsin? Or does it only work when we're being pessimistic about losing?

Apparently the Gophers have quit on the season and Indiana still has a lot of fight for their seniors. Or something.
Nope....only works against us.....this Indiana team that has scored 10 points total in the last 2 games (and a whopping 3 against Rutgers) is suddenly going to be infused with the power of senior day and become and unstoppable force that we will have no shot to even compete against.

I mean sure, we just played a really competitive game with a top 20 team and have beaten 3 other power 5 teams on the road......but when the power of senior day is involved it is over for us.

Anyone that has watched Indiana play this year knows they're a horrible team. Undisciplined is a word that comes to mind.

They had a Covid year which distorted the quality of several programs around the country.

This game will be over by halftime.

Who has guaranteed it.
saying I wouldn’t bet the game isn’t the same thing as saying I would bet on Indiana.

I do think Minnesota will come out and play hard against wisconsin. Depending on the spread that is also a likely non bet game for me too

Who has guaranteed it.
saying I wouldn’t bet the game isn’t the same thing as saying I would bet on Indiana.

I do think Minnesota will come out and play hard against wisconsin. Depending on the spread that is also a likely non bet game for me too
the OP dropped the Namath Bomb, not you :)

I think the Gophs give Wisconsin a game. The "boost" is 100% a thing. Indiana will be ready to play and PJ won't be able to run the ball over the IU defense like he did against Maryland and Northwestern.

Top Bottom