Senior Class

golden

Reaction score
Which way will you remember the senior class?

3 straight regular season conference titles, including the last of the WCHA and first in the Big10, along with a Frozen 4 appearance in 2012.

OR

The team that went 0-3 at the Xcel in conference tournament play and didn't even make the confernce tourney after being swept by Anchorage in 2011.

For me, a lot of boils down to how this weekend goes, and hopefully the Frozen 4 game(s) in Philly.

Come on Gophers, win a pair this weekend and then another pair in Philly and bring home #6!

They played their roles. No stars, but boy did they ever play their roles over the years.

Holl was a frustrating case for me. I feel like we put up with a lot of defensive lapses in the hope that we would develop into a legitimate offensive threat from the blueline, and it never materialized.

I have thought Parenteau was a solid defensive defenseman who did a great job giving Schmidt a reliable partner so that Schmidt didn't have to worry about jumping into the play. Serratore is one of my favorites.

Generally, our seniors aren't big stars because the real big stars get plucked before senior year.

Well Bjuksted, Haula, Schmidt and Alt were really the stars of this class, they're gone, this senior class though was definitely more successful than the past five IMO

Top Bottom