Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl - Jan. 3rd 2012 @ 5:00 CT

stocker08

Reaction score
The Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl is on TODAY at 5:00 central time on the CBS Sports Network. I have no idea what compelled me to look this up out of the blue but it doesn't look like we have a thread for it yet. Both Phillip Nelson and Maxx Williams will be playing in this game as well as Andre McDonald (vanderbilt commit), Bart Houston (skunks commit), Jordan Westerkamp (cornhuskers commit) and probably a few other players that have some impact on the gophers or the big ten in general.

Big Ten Players for the East:

Phillip Nelson (QB, Minnesota)
Malin Jones (RB, Northwestern)
Jordan Westerkamp (WR, Nebraska)
J.J. Denman (OT, Wisconsin)
Walker Williams (OT, Wisconsin)
Faith Ekakitie (DE, Iowa)
Greg McMullen (DE, Nebraska)
Brian Gaia (DT, Penn State)
Camren Williams (ILB, Penn State)
Armani Reeves (CB, Penn State)
Maxx Williams (ATH, Minnesota)(Sounds like he will be the punter for this game)

Big Ten Players for the West:

Skyler Mornhinweg (QB, Penn State)
Bart Houston (QB, Wisconsin)
Andre McDonald (WR, Vanderbilt)
Jesse James (TE, Penn State)
Mario Ojemudia (DL, Michigan)
Vontrell Williams (DT, Illinois)
D.J. Singleton (S, Wisconsin)

The Mcdonald kid looks fast to bad he isnt coming here!!!

The Wisconsin guy looks terrible over threw a wide open Andre Mcdonald

That was a pretty nice TD!! Excited to see this kid play in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Almost positive westerkamp will de-commit from Nebraska to Notre Dame when he announces...Wish I could watch the game. Nice to see Nelson get the start. Is he throwing to Deontay Greenberry?

And the announcer said Kill has it made with him LOL

Nice TD throw by Nelson. This guy will be a stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Why couldnt they place all Minnesota kids on the same team??? I would have been nice having Nelson throwing to McDonald to see what hes going to miss.

Why couldnt they place all Minnesota kids on the same team??? I would have been nice having Nelson throwing to McDonald to see what hes going to miss.

I wondered the same thing. He can see what he is going to be missing from across the field.

Could anyone post Nelson's final stats for the day when they are known? Thanks!

Maxx Williams just caught a 15 yard touchdown pass from Nick Patti, a boise state commit.

Maxx Williams just scored to tie the game at 1:14 left in 2nd. 14-14.
He has also punted in this game.

oops.............stocker08 beat me to it.

6:00 left in 3rd. Williams in at Left TE last series. Nelson not out that series. Went with the Boise St. kid who finished up the first half.
No stats listed over half-time or live in-game stats on the web site. Been fun game to watch. Garmon just announced he's heading to IOWA.
Heading to watch Sugar Bowl.

So what's the deal with McDonald? Was he ever given an offer from the U? So we see another good MN WR recruit get away.

So what's the deal with McDonald? Was he ever given an offer from the U? So we see another good MN WR recruit get away.

He switched his commitment from the U to Vandy a few months back. Not much we can do about that now. Kill and crew just needs to focus on keeping Harbison's commitment solid.

He committed to the U, said he was going to recruit other top players from the state to the U also, then promptly de-committed. Was setting up a visit to Iowa or maybe did visit, but ended up committing to Vandy. One of the GI guys was on KFAN the other week saying that there is something going on behind the scenes with McDonald but stated that it wasn't his position to discuss it so he didn't say anything else.

Let's hope so. Kill really means it when he talks about recruiting versatile players, Williams could be the first ever combo TE/punter.

Let's hope so. Kill really means it when he talks about recruiting versatile players, Williams could be the first ever combo TE/punter.
I don't think anyone would make fun of the returner for being tackled by the punter if it was Williams.

Top Bottom