Selling alcohol at football games is now the norm

GopherJack

Reaction score
This from ESPN
(thought I'd try to change the mood here in the Football Forum - what's more mood-changing than a beer or cocktail?)

I remember when we were unique and at a Nebraska game I was walking down the concourse with a beer and some Nebraska fans were shocked and asked "OMG WHERE DID YOU GET THAT!?!?!?!"

Fun times.

Obviously off-campus at the time, but you could always get a beer at the Humpty Dome. Gophers may have been one of the first.

Obviously off-campus at the time, but you could always get a beer at the Humpty Dome. Gophers may have been one of the first.
Tru dat. Was a nice benefit but as always, the Iowa fans took it to the extreme. Hated the night games where they would drink all day, then put themselves over downing beers at the game.

One of my best buddies in college was a concession manager. I was able to get a couple of beers, hang with him and not wait in line. It was the only thing that got me by in those days of 3-9, 2-10, 1-11 records.

$16 for a relatively small Castle Danger tap in Club Cambria. I'm not a cheapee when it comes to game fare, but F*** that.

The price list said $13, so not sure what they added to make my charge $16.

$13 for a 16-oz. can of domestic light beer. $18.50 for a brat and a plastic cup of Coca-Cola. And you still want me to give you more money for better players.

One of these tucked in your pocket mixes well with a diet Coke fountain drink at the stadium.

Copy of Windsor Traveler.jpg

Top Bottom