Seething Iowa Fans Want Offensive Coordinator Fired

Parker is a dude. I don’t think anyone will shed a tear when he finally decides to hang it up. Definition of lifer.

Brad Banks was phenomenal in 2002. Runner up for Heisman

So I'm told. That was a period of my life where I didn't watch much college football. I think the only time I ever watched him was when they were stomped by USC in that premier bowl game so I certainly didn't see his finest hour.

Parker is a dude. I don’t think anyone will shed a tear when he finally decides to hang it up. Definition of lifer.
Once Iowa loses Parker to retirement (he is old!) and are left with the Ferentz family nepotism circus plus some new random DC, the Ferentzes—who have made themselves tall by standing on Parker’s shoulders—will be exposed as truly mediocre.

The Ferentz‘ are laughing all the way to the bank. I think Kirk’s buy out is north of $40 million. I have a bucket load of buddies who are Hawkeyes fans they don’t like watching that O at all and none of them would be sad to see the whole crew go — but Kirk will be there as long as he wants to be; family in tow. Things could get ugly down there.

I love that Ferentz is taking down Iowa football for his own families sake. He must be very disgruntled and dreaming of his 40 mill parachute. All the B1G west teams will struggle to compete during conference play in the new B1G and it will be very interesting to see who is willing to spend on coaching changes.

Once Iowa loses Parker to retirement (he is old!) and are left with the Ferentz family nepotism circus plus some new random DC, the Ferentzes—who have made themselves tall by standing on Parker’s shoulders—will be exposed as truly mediocre.

Only 60; 61 when next season begins. He easily could hold on for another five, six, or more years if he feels like it.

There was a warning issued over the loud speaker eventually about throwing things on the field. Had it continued my guess is Iowa would have been flagged.
IMO, the throwing of trash onto the field needs to be addressed by the B1G far more seriously. We're not talking about one paper airplane floating down, but lots of fans throwing lots of trash. Fans need to know that they won't get a pass on the first barrage of trash. For example, I wouldn't want Gopher fans to respond by throwing trash on the IWOA players in next year's game, but right now there's no penalty for us not doing that. There should be a penalty and serious fines, and for repeat behavior, stop the game.

IMO, the throwing of trash onto the field needs to be addressed by the B1G far more seriously. We're not talking about one paper airplane floating down, but lots of fans throwing lots of trash. Fans need to know that they won't get a pass on the first barrage of trash. For example, I wouldn't want Gopher fans to respond by throwing trash on the IWOA players in next year's game, but right now there's no penalty for us not doing that. There should be a penalty and serious fines, and for repeat behavior, stop the game.
I completely agree. Be civil towards the opposing team and refs. And of course nobody is thinking about poor schmuck that needs to pick up the trash later on (I am a sports turf manager).

Only 60; 61 when next season begins. He easily could hold on for another five, six, or more years if he feels like it.
He looks older. Being in such close proximity to the fetid Iowa Offense takes years off you!

Those old cheese curds and yellow fat both come off slowly, if at all.

A trucker physique despite active as a D1 athlete for multiple years is a bad sign. I shudder to think what he’ll look like in 20 years.

Iowa has had a few good QB's over the Years. Chuck Long - Chuck Hartlieb, and Nate Stanley was good, if not great.

BTW, one poster had an interesting point. No penalty for the Iowa fans throwing debris on the field. I wonder what the rule is in that situation? can you call an unsportsmanlike penalty on the fans?
Delay of game for sure. It took several minutes to get going. Nubin got delay of game penalty for swatting the ball and it took two seconds to retrieve it.

Top Bottom