Seething Iowa Fans Want Offensive Coordinator Fired

Brian Ferentz’s offenses have been in the bottom 10 of BCS offenses the last 3 years in a row.

If his last name wasn’t Ferentz, he would’ve been fired last year.

Don’t worry, he isn’t going anywhere.

The current QB is bad.
But they've always had varying degrees of bad at QB.
They've always been kind of plug-and-play at QB and RB because they had such strong line play...but there appears to be pretty shaky play on their OL.

That's a shame.

If your last name isn't Ferentz, you won't get through the first level of the hiring process for Iowa Hawkeye football.... and it seems to finally be working for PJ'S Gophers.

The current QB is bad.
But they've always had varying degrees of bad at QB.
They've always been kind of plug-and-play at QB and RB because they had such strong line play...but there appears to be pretty shaky play on their OL.

That's a shame.
Iowa needs to find a way to get the old S&C program back! 😉

Iowa didn’t lose because of a chubby QB they lost because they couldn’t even average 1 YPC running the ball. All those failed sneaks at the end of the first half showed why they lost.

It’s very hard to win games like that. They should fire the OC though I’m happy to see him go for the gold watch at Iowa

Their backup QB was terrible. I mean terrible.

He made Mitch look like a Heisman QB and A K look like a 1st team all conference QB.

I mean he was awful. Even when he had time in the pocket he threw over or behind so many WRs.

Iowa also had some bad (at times incredible) drops.

Although the last one I don’t blame the guy, he just perfectly happened to come out of his break right where the sun had crept into the stadium.

It really shows you that the football gods had decided it was time for a Gopher victory!

Iowa has had a few good QB's over the Years. Chuck Long - Chuck Hartlieb, and Nate Stanley was good, if not great.

BTW, one poster had an interesting point. No penalty for the Iowa fans throwing debris on the field. I wonder what the rule is in that situation? can you call an unsportsmanlike penalty on the fans?

Iowa has had a few good QB's over the Years. Chuck Long - Chuck Hartlieb, and Nate Stanley was good, if not great.

BTW, one poster had an interesting point. No penalty for the Iowa fans throwing debris on the field. I wonder what the rule is in that situation? can you call an unsportsmanlike penalty on the fans?
There was a warning issued over the loud speaker eventually about throwing things on the field. Had it continued my guess is Iowa would have been flagged.

Of course you can. Its been warned many times. Fans blowing horns during plays. Hell at a hockey game I was at a long time ago the U of MN was assessed a 2 minute minor for delay of game because the band played during the faceoff.

If the fans are unruly enough, the game can be forfeited because of them. Happened in a US v Mexico (soccer) match earlier this year. Game was called with 10 minutes left on the clock because Mexican fans were doing tasteless chants.

Of course you can. Its been warned many times. Fans blowing horns during plays. Hell at a hockey game I was at a long time ago the U of MN was assessed a 2 minute minor for delay of game because the band played during the faceoff.

If the fans are unruly enough, the game can be forfeited because of them. Happened in a US v Mexico (soccer) match earlier this year. Game was called with 10 minutes left on the clock because Mexican fans were doing tasteless chants.

Call me cynical but part of me thinks that Ferentz senior was perfectly happy to see the fans enraged, anything to take the focus off their lousy offense and OC. But, I know some long-time Iowa fans well and read their fan forums from time-to-time. Many of them aren't falling for that.

Ferentz is the OC, he is one of their main recruiters on offense and he's been there a long time.

If the problem is scheme, it's his fault.
If the problem is talent, it's also partially his fault.

At the end of the day, on a long enough timeline, you are your production. He's been awful and I hope his contract gets extended.

Iowa also had some bad (at times incredible) drops.

Although the last one I don’t blame the guy, he just perfectly happened to come out of his break right where the sun had crept into the stadium.

It really shows you that the football gods had decided it was time for a Gopher victory!
As opposed to the ones the Gophs receivers had?

Ferentz is the OC, he is one of their main recruiters on offense and he's been there a long time.

If the problem is scheme, it's his fault.
If the problem is talent, it's also partially his fault.

At the end of the day, on a long enough timeline, you are your production. He's been awful and I hope his contract gets extended.
On top of that, I'm sure he gets plenty of help from Iowa's Director of Recruiting, who just happens to be his brother-in-law.

Top Bottom