Seeking advice on season ticket renewal

Reaction score
I am facing a minor dilemma regarding my football season ticket renewal.

This past fall I had a five hour drive from South Dakota every Saturday I wanted to attend Gopher football games. This year I am going to be transferred to the east coast for work increasing the drive to TCF Bank Stadium by about thirteen hours.

I really enjoyed my first year as a season ticket holder and look forward to the day that my Gopher Points will be securing my seat in Pasadena on New Year’s Day. However my lack of proximity to Minneapolis will mean that I will be lucky if I am able to attend one or two games in 2010.

If I were to renew for this year, I would be able to give some tickets to family and friends, but a majority will likely be sold on the internet (NOTE: I have vowed if I am ever not able to attend an Iowa or Wisconsin game, I will guarantee the people in the seats will be wearing maroon and/or gold).

I want to contribute to a strong season ticket base for Gopher football, but I don't know if my renewal would help or hurt that cause. Should I give up my renewal so that someone more local has the opportunity to buy season tickets? Would me selling most of my tickets just further dilute the value and demand of Gopher football tickets? Am I going to regret the someday when I may move back to the Midwest that I no longer have a season ticket history?

Any opinion from my fellow Gopher fans would be greatly appreciated.

keep em'

otherwise someone else will sell them to a Iowa fan

keep 'em, and sell them through this site.

What Joe Dirt said. I have 4 and two of them only get used for 3-5 games. I just sell the other ones to people I know.

Best advice from a biased perspective -

Find someone else in the MSP area who is interested but probably wouldn't buy season tickets and offer them three or four games for face value. You still keep your season ticket status and get to pick which games you're coming to without shelling out for the entire season. I have a lot of friends who do this with Twins tix.

A strong season ticket holder base is vital to the program. Please don't give them up! (Unless it's to me.)

Keep them. You'll end up kicking yourself later if you don't. Look at it as an investment in your happiness. :)

I really enjoyed my first year as a season ticket holder and look forward to the day that my Gopher Points will be securing my seat in Pasadena on New Year’s Day. However my lack of proximity to Minneapolis will mean that I will be lucky if I am able to attend one or two games in 2010.

FYI "Gopher Points," per se, is gone according to the ticket office and has not been replaced (as far as I can discern). Gopher Points was only for seat selection at the new stadium. All the tickets that you own are the age of your oldest ticket.

I had four tickets that were "11 years old" and one that was three at the time of seat selection. I now have 5 tickets that are 12 years old.

It appears that seat moves and additional purchases will be at the discretion of the ticket department. They will look at how long you have been a ticket holder and how much you donate--but there is no formula to rank season ticket holders.

Keep them, we need more dedicated fans like yourself. I have to ask, how can someone make a 5 hour drive every Saturday to get to the games but the students can't cross the street? I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Keep them for sure-I for one trust that you will always make the correct choice with your tickets based on your description of the Iowa and Wisc. games.

Keep them, we need more dedicated fans like yourself. I have to ask, how can someone make a 5 hour drive every Saturday to get to the games but the students can't cross the street? I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

I think the same thing. I drive up from Sioux Falls every Friday night after work and make it to all the games. During our survey there were several fans who came up for games from other regions of the country. To me it's well worth it to support and watch my favorite team.

The drive is half of the fun. Mine is three hours. Get up at 5:30, leave at 6, drive and spend three hours in anticipation and excitement building mode, arrive at 9 and set up tailgate, go to game, tailgait for and hour or so after to let traffic clear, spend 3hrs analyzing the game while driving home. To me, its the perfect satuday.

New passwords to purchase tickets....frustrating!

On a somewhat related note, I just renewed my football ticket for this Fall (I can't wait). But when I went in to the ticket Web site to renew I was AGAIN asked to renew my password! What's up with that? It seems like every time I go in to buy tickets, I need to create a new password.....it's rather frustating. Good God, this is just a ticket Web site and not Fort Knox! Why the heck does the U feel the need to make us create new passwords all the time. Leave my password alone and make it easy for me to buy tickets!

The Ticket Exchange Board was quite active for FB last year. A good way to sell tiks to Giopher fans and members of GH. I would think you could find some one to buy single games or a group of games.

Top Bottom