Sections 201, 202 & 203

EaganGopher

Reaction score
Did anybody else see the huge block that just got picked in these sections? They took the top four rows in each section, plus I think a few seats in 204. Every seat in rows 11, 12, 13 & 14. That's over 160 seats. Anyone have an explanation for that?

A few thoughts...

1) Are you sure they weren't already blocked out as part of the visitor's section?
2) Maybe the ticket office didn't allocate enough seats for the visitor's and are correcting the situation.
3) Maybe they are being held for people on the waiting list.
4) Maybe they calculated that they would be able to get through the waiting list and they are being held as single-game seats.

A few thoughts...

1) Are you sure they weren't already blocked out as part of the visitor's section?
2) Maybe the ticket office didn't allocate enough seats for the visitor's and are correcting the situation.
3) Maybe they are being held for people on the waiting list.
4) Maybe they calculated that they would be able to get through the waiting list and they are being held as single-game seats.

1) If he's talking about everything in rows 11-16 that used to be available then no, they weren't previously marked or missing as I recall.
2) I don't think this could be it. The level of f-up would be unbelievable as they've had FOREVER to notice. I don't think the ticket office is that bad. :) At least I hope not!
3) That would piss a lot of people off. How can you hold seats for the waitlist while people are picking? Even if they don't look like desirable seats someone picking might want them. Doesn't seem logical.
4) I also don't know that this would fit either since the wait list is still expanding (or I thought it was).

Possible #5...More seats blocked off for Athletic Dept use? I'd have the same concerns as with #3 though.

Or I'm just crazy and these were always missing.

I know there used to be bars and other promo groups that had season tix's. It is reasonable to assume it was their turn to pick.

I know there used to be bars and other promo groups that had season tix's. It is reasonable to assume it was their turn to pick.

Makes sense. Especially if these groups ever gave the seats out to opposing fans (the sections that may or may not have gone off the board are right below the visiting fans sections).

No, I wasn't getting confused with the previously blocked rows. They were all new purchases. It was all the purple dots (seats being selected) that caught my attention as I was looking around. It's obviously a group, but why wouldn't they pick the first rows instead of the last four in those sections? It seems like they WANT to sit near the visitor section. Maybe all the talk lately about badger fans infiltrating the system has got me crazy, but the first thing I thought of was it was a group of badger fans. I know I'm probably wrong, but I'm curious who it would be. Guess I'll have to walk up there during the first game and ask who they are.

Did anyone hear anything more on this? The reason I am asking is I have seats in 204 and don't want to be much closer to the visiting fans.

Am I the only one on the Hole that won't be surprised to see up to 8-10,000 Wisky fans at TCF on Oct 3? Could be more if the Gophers get a bad start.

You won't see that many in the first season but the B10 fans will be appearing in higher numbers just to see the new stadium. Good sell outs are good for the bottom line.
You can't blame IA and WI fans for travelling to MN. MN by a wide margin has the best looking coeds in the B10.

10,000 is high. I put it at 5,000-8,000. 3,000 will use the visitors allotment and a couple thousand will find there way in through other means. Based on the direction of the program and the reduced capacity, we'll never see the days of 20,000 Iowa or Wisky fans in the stands again.

Top Bottom