Seat Selection Question

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Will those intending to pay the $100-$500 premium for preferred seats pick seats before any others choose? Or will you have the option for premium seats when your pick date comes up?

You have the option once it is your turn to pick. They might still be available or they might not be.

Does anyone know when the next mailing is coming out? The suspense is getting to me. Kind of my own version of "March Madness."

Should be coming out in the next week or so. Last month the ticket office said that we will be receiving the final Gopher Points mailing (with seat and parking selection date and time) in the middle of March. The selection process will start in early April.

I'm guessing that pretty much everyone will get a shot at the $500 contribution seats. I'd be surprised if they sell out.

Anyone have an idea what would happen IF, there are more request by season ticket holders for seats outside the 20 yard lines. Just assume the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ seats don't go over very well. Where would they put the season ticket holders that don't want to pay the extra money?

Anyone have an idea what would happen IF, there are more request by season ticket holders for seats outside the 20 yard lines. Just assume the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ seats don't go over very well. Where would they put the season ticket holders that don't want to pay the extra money?

I thought about that too. I can't imagine what the U would do there.

I still doubt this will be an issue though. There are only 2,700 priority seats. About 1/2 of those are $500 seats. Thats only 1,350 or so. Prob about 1,000 of those are $250 seats. The rest are $100 seats (All #'s other than the 2,700 seat total are my guesstimates off the seating map). I don't think the U will have trouble getting rid of the $500 seats.

I'm confused. The initial mailing last year (Seating and Gopher Points Guide) says approximately 70% of seats will not require an annual donation. That would indicate that there will be a lot more than 2,700 preferred seats, if 30% of the seats will require a donation.

To sum up your question: if for some reason when it's your turn to pick your seat in the new stadium and there are no longer non-preferred seats(regular) available...only the preferred are available($100,$250 and $500 extra per seat). You would have to pay the preferred prices in order to have a seat in the stadium...otherwise you forfeit your right to a seat in the new stadium.

if this happens to me I am going to be livid.

i asked a similar question to the ticketing office and here is there reply...

"There are 20,000 chairback seats, 10,000 of them designated as Preferred
Seating. We are very confident that all of the preferred seats will be
purchased. We have had conversations with numerous season ticket holders
who have expressed great interest in the preferred seating areas. Also keep
in mind that the Preferred Seating donation is 80% tax deductible. This is
something that people often forget about but is very important to keep in
mind when thinking about where you would like to select your seats. If on
your selection day the only seats that are available are Preferred Seats,
you will have to pay the annual donation required for those seats."

Thanks, I am glad my # is low enough so I won't have to be forced one way or the other. I will be able to select my seats and I will be taking something around the 15-18 yard line with no extra cost. I also am trying to pick up 2 extra seats and have a low # on the waiting list. If I get those extra ticket and the $$$$$ seats are still available I will upgrade on those.

I'm curious..

If any of you had seats with a significant difference in the priority, if you decided to average them out and keep them together? or if you kept the priority as is and will pick them apart?

I had seats with about 3000 selection spots apart and decided to average them so I could keep them all together...

10,000 preferred seats sounds about right. If the ticket office says 30% of the seats (I'm assuming they mean nonstudent seats) require an annual donation, that would be about 12,000 seats. That number probably includes suites (approximately 650 seats), boxes (approximately 270 seats), indoor club (250 seats), and outdoor club (1,250 seats), leaving around 9,500 to 10,000 seats between the 20's that are designated as "preferred."

10,000 preferred seats sounds about right. If the ticket office says 30% of the seats (I'm assuming they mean nonstudent seats) require an annual donation, that would be about 12,000 seats. That number probably includes suites (approximately 650 seats), boxes (approximately 270 seats), indoor club (250 seats), and outdoor club (1,250 seats), leaving around 9,500 to 10,000 seats between the 20's that are designated as "preferred."

Yea, I searched online and 10K was the # I found. I must have misunderstood Phil on the tour (gopherguy05, care to chip in and tell me I'm crazy)? My bad!

Breakdown of preferred seats

I have posted this before, but thought it might be useful for this discussion:

3,500 seats require a $500 donation
5,000 seats require a $250 donation
1,800 seats require a $100 donation

Maverick

I'm curious..

If any of you had seats with a significant difference in the priority, if you decided to average them out and keep them together? or if you kept the priority as is and will pick them apart?

I had seats with about 3000 selection spots apart and decided to average them so I could keep them all together...

I had three seats with one prioity level and a fourth with a slightly lower level and decided to average them to keep them together. For me, the difference was a lot less than 3,000 spots, however, and I was going to have to average at least two of them anyway, since I didn't want three together and then a single.

My prediction

I have posted this before, but thought it might be useful for this discussion:

3,500 seats require a $500 donation
5,000 seats require a $250 donation
1,800 seats require a $100 donation

Is that the 1800 $100 seats go first by about the 5000th ticket selection, then the 5000 $250 seats will sell out aound the 12,000th selection, and then finally the $500 seats sell out when they get to about the 20,000th selection..... Just my guess of course....

Why would you pay for the $100 seats

If your in the first 10K or so to pick? You're going to get a comparable/better seat anyway.

If your in the first 10K or so to pick? You're going to get a comparable/better seat anyway.

Some folks might be putting the per seat donation towards a parking pass they plan on buying anyway. Why not get better seats if you already plan to plunk down $1,000 or $2,500 for parking? That's probably one of the most likely reasons.

Agreed AU Gopher. If you want a parking pass, you might as well do the donations and get better seats as well so that your donation covers both. I don't think the preferred seats will be around as long as everyone thinks.

Speaking as someone.....

with a ranking around 11,000, I hope a lot of people think like Les.

Top Bottom