Seat Geek v Stub Hub

Swaggerson

Bank Sect 112 Barn Sect 102
Reaction score
Can’t make Saturdays game. Posted my game tickets (45 yard line) on Seat Geek (Gopher partner) for the lowest price in the section. Never sold.

Posted them at a higher price on Stub Hub and sold them in less than 30 minutes.

If you want your tix to sell…use Stub Hub.

I bought my tickets to last night’s Northwestern game (that’s one I’d like a mulligan on) and couldn’t find anything other than on SeatGeek. The tickets were $8 apiece but the fees were $10.50 per ticket. Absolutely obscene. I’ll never use them again.

I bought my tickets to last night’s Northwestern game (that’s one I’d like a mulligan on) and couldn’t find anything other than on SeatGeek. The tickets were $8 apiece but the fees were $10.50 per ticket. Absolutely obscene. I’ll never use them again.

Lol. Every ticket site charges fees. Including the Gophers ($10/ticket when I bought 8 additional for Nebraska game) and even STHers pay additional fees.

ah, for the good old days of sketchy-looking dudes standing out in front of the stadium waiving around tickets and yelling "good seats available!"

I know there has been some talk in Washington about legislation on excessive ticket fees and charges. from what I've seen, the bills introduced so far would regulate that all fees and charges must be disclosed up-front before any sale, but they would not regulate the amount of those fees and charges.

My Vikings tickets always sell well on Ticketmaster and so I started selling my Gopher tickets there as well. It had been working but I know it will be much more difficult after their abysmal losses.

Lol. Every ticket site charges fees. Including the Gophers ($10/ticket when I bought 8 additional for Nebraska game) and even STHers pay additional fees.
Yeah, I understand that's how these businesses make money. But a 131% per ticket middleman fee to pass tickets from one party to another isn't a reasonable business model I'm willing to support.

Yeah, I understand that's how these businesses make money. But a 131% per ticket middleman fee to pass tickets from one party to another isn't a reasonable business model I'm willing to support.
Yeah the fees are insane. Gouging.

I mean if they charged $15 for the ticket and $5 for the fees would you be happier?

What was the original face value of the tickets?

I mean if they charged $15 for the ticket and $5 for the fees would you be happier?
The price of the ticket is up to the seller, so if that’s the market price then yeah, I’ll probably pay that. Frankly I’d rather pay the $8 for the ticket and, say, $4 in fees. If you can’t profitably run your business on 50% markup then your business sucks. I’d rather the seller providing the ticket to me get more money than a half-assed middleman that adds nominal value.

The price of the ticket is up to the seller, so if that’s the market price then yeah, I’ll probably pay that. Frankly I’d rather pay the $8 for the ticket and, say, $4 in fees. If you can’t profitably run your business on 50% markup then your business sucks. I’d rather the seller providing the ticket to me get more money than a half-assed middleman that adds nominal value.

They can charge whatever they want in fees. People are free to pay them—or not. Their competitors are minimal and charge similar fees.

Strongly encourage you or anyone else to create a website that does this type of servicing and charge less.

Would love to see Ellison's office go after these companies for collusion. Quite obviously zero actual competition going on, and price-fixing on the absurd fees. Might as well be owned by the same parent company.

They can charge whatever they want in fees. People are free to pay them—or not. Their competitors are minimal and charge similar fees.

Strongly encourage you or anyone else to create a website that does this type of servicing and charge less.
And as I've said, I'm choosing the "not" option.

Top Bottom