Seat Backs for Bleachers?

Knowing how it is handled elsewhere in the big 10, I assumed the whole time there wouldn't be an option to bring one's own seatback into the stadium. Aside from being a money maker, I'm sure it avoids potential problems with idiots bringing in their own six foot wide home made jobs made out of 2x4's. But, if you weren't familiar with other situations like Wisconsin's, or worse yet only knew of places like ASU where you CAN bring your own... I can see where that would be a bummer. At least Maturi owned up to it.

I'm guessing the whole seatback thing lagged behind the other excellent organization results for other stadium aspects. I ordered two seatbacks, didn't get my confirmation email, let the subcontractor know I didn't get it, got it today, and noticed it is for a few bucks less than what I was quoted on the phone and what appears on the brochure mailed out last week. Go figure.

This whole Leasing your seat backs is a bunch of cr@p. Not once did the U ever say in the entire seat picking process that you couldn't bring your own seat back into the stadium. They said in the pamphlet that seats will be available to rent, but never did it say you couldn't bring in your own. Many people, not just us, thought that you could bring your own in, so for me to pay $45 (after tax) x 4 = $180 to lease a seat for the entire season is ridiculous. I could go out and buy 4 nice ones for that same price and have it for many years. We chose to sit in the bleachers because we were under the impression that we could bring them in, but HAD we known they were not allowed (all they had to do was put in one of the 3 pamphlets that we received that OUTSIDE SEAT BACKS NOT ALLOWED IN TCF BANK STADIUM), we would have probably got a chairback seat. When it was our time to pick there was plenty of chairback seats still left, but we have been in the end zone for 9 years so we wanted to stay in row 1 of EZ. We, as well as others, might have had a different outlook if the Gophers HAD told us that we couldn't bring in our own. $180 on top of our $1100 purchase price is a lot, I don't mind doing a one-time investment to get good ones, but to have to pay that EACH & EVERY year is not right. Not sure if others are with me on this, but if you are, contact the Gopher ticket office and tell them you are not happy. You can call me a whining crybaby all you want, but if you're going to make a rule like this, make it known from the get go, not 2 months before the season starts and after all the seats have been picked. This seriously leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, so voice your opinion if you agree.

Wow, for a second there I thought you were going to over react :D

I got the mailing yesterday as well. I had suspected from the beginning that we wouldn't be able to bring our own backs in.

As for comfort, I've sat on one of these bench backs at the Camp, and they beat the hell out of the bare aluminum bench.

Rock I hope to god you don't plan on planting one of those god-awful ugly things next to me:eek:. 231 is about being loud and standing and being louder yet. There is nothing 'Tremedous' about sitting in a overpriced folding chairback that they couldn't even get the colors right on. If you want to sit on Cardinal and Gold go to LA, we are too young for those to settle for those damn things!

Rock I hope to god you don't plan on planting one of those god-awful ugly things next to me:eek:. 231 is about being loud and standing and being louder yet. There is nothing 'Tremedous' about sitting in a overpriced folding chairback that they couldn't even get the colors right on. If you want to sit on Cardinal and Gold go to LA, we are too young for those to settle for those damn things!

First off, I don't have any plans to sit on anything cardinal this season. I'm not going to any weasel games in Madison.

Second off, I might have to get them solely to hold my ground! It's kinda hard to do much cheering when you're being squashed.

Top Bottom