Season Tickets

rlund123

Reaction score
Hey Gopherholers, I am going to buy season tickets for this season and I was wondering what seats I want to buy. I want to sit in the Sun, I do not want to donate a lot of money but I am willing to sit in seats with donations of 50 or 75 dollars and sit in the lower level. Thoughts would be appreciated.

IMO, there isn't a bad seat in the house. Welcome to the season-ticket holders club, where your ever-increasing "gifts" are mandatory!

IMO, there isn't a bad seat in the house. Welcome to the season-ticket holders club, where your ever-increasing "gifts" are mandatory!

He's not kidding, either. You will want to consider the three-year cost of your tickets; not trying to scare you away (DEFINITELY BUY SEASON TICKETS, IT IS AWESOME), but it would be a shame if you bought tickets this year only to not be able to afford them next year and in 2017 due to price increases.

If you buy in the $50 or $75 seating zones for 2015, be prepared for the increase to $100 or $150 in 2016, and to $150 or $250 in 2017.

Well if the seats get to expenseive I will move my seats to the zero donation sections then. I am just super interested in the schedule this year. I should be able to afford them once a year, with a payment plan they offer.

Well if the seats get to expenseive I will move my seats to the zero donation sections then. I am just super interested in the schedule this year. I should be able to afford them once a year, with a payment plan they offer.

Awesome, love to hear it.

Personally I split season tickets with family in the last row of section 243 and wouldn't trade them for anything. Chairbacks, nothing behind us (well, a concrete wall in front of the loge boxes, but that's it) and protection from above from rain/snow, with the overhang from above the press box. Perfection.

So does anyone have a section in mind on where to sit? I want to sit on the sun side, I forgot where the sun sections are

The entire visitors side is in the sun. We are on the student/visitor corner. Lots of sun, and fun being by the students

Alright, I will be purchasing them tomorrow your information is good to know. GO GOPHERS Ski-U-Mah

I'm in 209 which is the sunny/visitor side toward the open end zone. I like being near the big screen. I also had tix in 237 which is the shady/home side toward the closed end. We were right in front of the cheerleaders but much prefer the sun and closer proximity to the big screen. Yes, the view of the big screen is much better on the visitor side.

How many are you looking to get?

I just did a quick scan of tickets left for the TCU game which would probably mean they are available to be sold as season tickets and I didn't see anything lower bowl in the sunny side for 2 tickets side by side, BUT section 105 row 29 seat 13 and row 30 seat 13 or Section 119 row 27 seat 9 and 28 seat 9 would give you seats together one sitting in front of the other. I would personally call the ticket office and try to get the 119 seats as they are right next to the student section, in the sun, with a view of the campus whereas 105 is closer to the big scoreboard and you would be looking at the students. 119 also puts you in front of Goldy's perch. Just my 2 cents. I've had season tickets in 217, 215, and 152.

I will be calling the ticket office tomorrow to pick out my seats and I hope to get good sunny and lower level seats

We are in Sec 117 (since TCF opened) and just love it! It can get a little hot for the early Sept games, but it's great come cooler weather. Seriously, on a sunny fall day we can be sitting in short sleeves or long T's and look across to the shady side and see people in sweatshirts and jackets.

We are in Sec 117 (since TCF opened) and just love it! It can get a little hot for the early Sept games, but it's great come cooler weather. Seriously, on a sunny fall day we can be sitting in short sleeves or long T's and look across to the shady side and see people in sweatshirts and jackets.

It is always a matter of perspective. I know some people prefer to be on the sunny side. From what I can tell through conversations and can see in yearly ticket sales as sections close during the seat changing period, it appears to be quite similar in terms of overall number of people who prefer each side. As you look across and see people in sweatshirts when you are in Tshirts, it is sort of like those hot games when I am in a tshirt on the shady side and look across and see people sweating, wishing they could strip further. I have never been too warm at a Gopher game, and thanks to clothing options I have never been too cold either... and I have been to every game in TCF Bank Stadium. My bro-in-law prefers the sunny side for the same reasons you mention above.

I am really excited for the season this year it should be an super interesting year at the Bank.

It is always a matter of perspective. I know some people prefer to be on the sunny side. From what I can tell through conversations and can see in yearly ticket sales as sections close during the seat changing period, it appears to be quite similar in terms of overall number of people who prefer each side. As you look across and see people in sweatshirts when you are in Tshirts, it is sort of like those hot games when I am in a tshirt on the shady side and look across and see people sweating, wishing they could strip further. I have never been too warm at a Gopher game, and thanks to clothing options I have never been too cold either... and I have been to every game in TCF Bank Stadium. My bro-in-law prefers the sunny side for the same reasons you mention above.

True Dat

Top Bottom