Season Ticket Renewal - a Poll and a question

At this point in an up and down season, how are you feeling about season ticket renewal?

• Just take my money!

Votes: 34 72.3%
  • I'm going to renew, but I'm feeling *some kind of way* about it.

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • They need to beat Wisconsin and Iowa for me to renew.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm just here for the beer - will they have beer?

• I lean against renewing, I'd rather watch "this old house." I hear they have good paint drying.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Ski U Blah - not renewing

• Total voters

Mr. 131

Reaction score
I currently plan to renew, but I am thinking of changing seats.

Right now, I'm in 131 (moniker be damned). I really enjoy the student section's energy next to my seats, but my viewpoint is rough. So many times this year I've thought a 3 yard gain was 5. Now I might just need to get higher in the section, as right now I'm not that far back from the rail.

For those of you that have previously upgraded, do you have any advice on how you approached the process?

What are your preferred sections? I really want to stay on the first level I think. Anyone have experience in the endzone? Do seats even matter....is it just the atmosphere?

What the hell kind of question is that?!?!?!

SEATS MATTER!!!

Anyway I agree that height matters as far as seeing the play accurately. Too low on that lower level and everything is skewed. I like it almost to the top (but out from under the overhang) on the lower level.

What the hell kind of question is that?!?!?!

SEATS MATTER!!!

Anyway I agree that height matters as far as seeing the play accurately. Too low on that lower level and everything is skewed. I like it almost to the top (but out from under the overhang) on the lower level.
LOL, I just love you for this reaction!

Yea, they do matter - if a fellow were to get 2/3 way up the section do you think a corner endzone section is passable?
You know what I'm going to do in the Rutgers game?... I'm going to cruise the stadium and sit in lot of different places to get a read.

Yea, they do matter - if a fellow were to get 2/3 way up the section do you think a corner endzone section is passable?
You know what I'm going to do in the Rutgers game?... I'm going to cruise the stadium and sit in lot of different places to get a read.
I’m in row 20 something in 103 and I have a great vantage point. I’d move to the end zone if I could.

I was thinking during the Coloardo game when it was crazy hot. I had my 3 little kids with me and the four of us were not feeling the heat. In order for me to convince them to stay we had to move to the shade and I found a bench in the upper deck no one was sitting at. I was amazed by how much I loved the view and how I had never sat there before.

I would be open to the U to create a season ticket package that has a different seating location for each game and you move around the stadium from lower deck to upper deck, etc.

I was thinking during the Coloardo game when it was crazy hot. I had my 3 little kids with me and the four of us were not feeling the heat. In order for me to convince them to stay we had to move to the shade and I found a bench in the upper deck no one was sitting at. I was amazed by how much I loved the view and how I had never sat there before.

I would be open to the U to create a season ticket package that has a different seating location for each game and you move around the stadium from lower deck to upper deck, etc.
They do have something like that- Gopher pass

Yeah way up there is great for a tactical view / the passing game. Especially when you see the big play before the pass starts.

But for the running game it’s sometimes hard to know why a guy got through the line one play… and not the next.

I like my cheap seats in 246.

I love the Gopher Pass. With that home schedule next year, it's a no brainer.

I’m in row 20 something in 103 and I have a great vantage point. I’d move to the end zone if I could.
Sounds like you're within spitting distance of us. We considered end zone seats when the stadium opened. Glad we didn't do it, because we have a little more perspective of the other end of the field. We'd like to move into 105 (there are seven of us), but we're not willing to pay a higher scholarship fee to go beyond that.

Sounds like you're within spitting distance of us. We considered end zone seats when the stadium opened. Glad we didn't do it, because we have a little more perspective of the other end of the field. We'd like to move into 105 (there are seven of us), but we're not willing to pay a higher scholarship fee to go beyond that.
Yeah, the 107 price bump isn’t worth it.

There is a gopher holer across the aisle from me as well. Stop by sometime!

I currently plan to renew, but I am thinking of changing seats.

Right now, I'm in 131 (moniker be damned). I really enjoy the student section's energy next to my seats, but my viewpoint is rough. So many times this year I've thought a 3 yard gain was 5. Now I might just need to get higher in the section, as right now I'm not that far back from the rail.

For those of you that have previously upgraded, do you have any advice on how you approached the process?

What are your preferred sections? I really want to stay on the first level I think. Anyone have experience in the endzone? Do seats even matter....is it just the atmosphere?
I always like sitting in section 131 to be near the students. I alway sit near the top of the section to be near the concourse to be able to easily grab a beer. Plus I like to stand and nobody is behind you.

Definitely a risk if you sit too low. I had tix in row 14 lower level for a while and just couldn’t see plays develop. Now in row 22 and find that height is perfect balance of being close enough to the field but high enough to see the game.

Despite some exasperation (and there’s lots of it with our local pro teams, too) - it’s the best sports value in the state . . . and by a lot, imho.
Best Value probably in this order.

Gophers
Loons
Twins
T-Wolves
Wild
Vikings

Definitely a risk if you sit too low. I had tix in row 14 lower level for a while and just couldn’t see plays develop. Now in row 22 and find that height is perfect balance of being close enough to the field but high enough to see the game.
Super helpful, thanks for your perspective!

Best Value probably in this order.

Gophers
Loons
Twins
T-Wolves
Wild
Vikings
Totally on point - were it not for the Gophers I had considered loons seasons tickets as well. MUCH more value than the other pro teams.

Top Bottom