Season ticket holders access?

Maverick

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody knows if Gopher season ticket holders are going to have first opportunity at available tickets for the Vikes game? Kind of like the way they did it for the U2 concert?

How will there be available tickets?

Refund requests from viking ticket holders? You can't tell me that 100% of Vikings ticket holders will attend this game... Daily walk up sales? Vikings had tickets available....

I know the total seats available is less... How much less? They are setting up temp bleachers, using band area, maybe doing stand up only tickets etc so what is the capapcity going to be?

My understanding is that those who have the suite tickets and the club seats have first crack at the seats no matter what the event is. So in this case, they have the opportunity to purchase their seats for this event. It is in their contract from when they buy the seats.

My understanding is that those who have the suite tickets and the club seats have first crack at the seats no matter what the event is. So in this case, they have the opportunity to purchase their seats for this event. It is in their contract from when they buy the seats.

This is accurate. The U said so in a couple interviews today. Here's one.

Suite ticket holders not only have "first crack," the U cannot use their suites without permission and cannot sell suite tickets to another person. The suites are privately leased.

Why would other Gopher season ticket holders have "first crack"? This is some other football team playing at a stadium that happens to be the Gopher's home field. Why would you think you get "first crack"? I am confused.

There are 14,000 Vike ticket holders that may not get in, don't think there will be spare seats.

Dumb thread.

My initial reaction was that the Vikings would have a problem with 62,000 season tickets and 50,000 seats at TCF. It will be interesting to see if that is true. I have a relative (group of 4) who was planning to drive 4 hours to spend part of the weekend in Mpls and attend the Monday night Bear game. I talked to him yesterday and he said he has no interest at all in traveling 4 hours to sit outside and watch an inept football team that is already out of the playoffs, perhaps playing with a 3rd or 4th string QB. It will be interesting to see how many other "Viking fans" feel the same way. I don't think the Viking fans are as interested in sitting in the cold as they once were, especially with an under achieving team like this one. It will be interesting to see how well this game is attended.

My initial reaction was that the Vikings would have a problem with 62,000 season tickets and 50,000 seats at TCF. It will be interesting to see if that is true. I have a relative (group of 4) who was planning to drive 4 hours to spend part of the weekend in Mpls and attend the Monday night Bear game. I talked to him yesterday and he said he has no interest at all in traveling 4 hours to sit outside and watch an inept football team that is already out of the playoffs, perhaps playing with a 3rd or 4th string QB. It will be interesting to see how many other "Viking fans" feel the same way. I don't think the Viking fans are as interested in sitting in the cold as they once were, especially with an under achieving team like this one. It will be interesting to see how well this game is attended.[/QUOTE]

You got that right. There may a lot people that have tiks that don't want to go but have many friends that might want those tiks. You also have the question of seating location. Will the guy with 50 yard line seats and the guy with nose bleed seats be lining up to get the good seats?

Should make for good TV. Espn must be loving this. Ratings should be high.

Top Bottom