SEASON TICKET DRIVE ALREADY BEGINNING FOR NEXT SEASON!

Wahoo McDaniel

Reaction score
Bag comes free with your tickets if you renew!

What a deal!

bag-over-head.jpg

It will be very interesting to see what the renewal rate is next year.

I had a good friend offer me his gopher hockey season tickets for next year which I have long coveted so I won't be back. My buddy's 2 next to my 2 says he won't renew either. Maybe in 3-4 years but it's just not fun which is how I decide to spend my discretionary money.

It will be very interesting to see what the renewal rate is next year.

I had a good friend offer me his gopher hockey season tickets for next year which I have long coveted so I won't be back. My buddy's 2 next to my 2 says he won't renew either. Maybe in 3-4 years but it's just not fun which is how I decide to spend my discretionary money.
I can't imagine trading in football for hockey even in its current state.

It would be really nice if the university would give a discount or offer special promotions to those that have season tickets for multiple sports.

Turning the program around becomes that much more difficult with each ticket holder that bails.

Think about it.

What Bayfield Said...

+1.

Bailing now...after all the years in the Dome and the other innumerable insults this fanbase has endured for almost 50 years...is the exact wrong thing to do.

Brewster's firing midseason is a clear indication of message received from the Administration. The product on the field must improve. Period.

They have committed to upgrade the coaching talent...so much so that in theory no one will be able to question the credentials of the next HC.

Until then, yes, we're stuck with a poor product. But this year is almost over. Although I disagree with not attending the season closer against Iowa, I can understand it. I am not looking forward to it at all.

If dropping your season tickets is truly the best answer for you...understood. After all, it is discretionary spending. This personal decision does have huge ramifications for the greater effort, one that any and all Gopher fans should think hard about before leaving.

We've waited too long for one very poor hire and a second disastrous season to pull us back because of a lack of fan support. I just don't think dropping out is warranted yet.

Go Gophers! Beat Sparty!

The lack of enthusiasm is now. It ends when the new coach is hired.

Then they can charge us a seat fee or whatever when they become good enough for us to renew. I too am considering getting rid of my season tickets for all the reasons stated in Gopher Lady's Star Tribune blog. I really don't see the upside in keeping them. We'll see who they hire. Better be a good one. Trestman and I'm out.

I can't imagine trading in football for hockey even in its current state.

Football is my favorite sport but the state of the program is a mess and a 1/2! Umm national championships in 02, 03, top tier talent, and always competitive are good enough reasons for me! Its to bad the NHL has their binoculars on our young talent so much and pick pocket our star players left and right! But things should change in the next few years for the state of football with the right ingredients................ I hope:eek:

Sadly, unless there is a major hire we will probably pare down from 6 tickets to 2 tickets and no $1,140.00 Ski U Mah tailgate lot. We can barely give away tickets. Thanks Joel.

The renewal rate will largely depend on who we hire as head coach in my opinion. If it's not an exciting hire, then it will be way down.

Here's my question:

How many season tickets were sold to professional or semi-professional brokers?

With the legalization of ticket 'scalping' in MN, a buyers market because of a brand new stadium and expectations of an improving football team, the resale price of tickets was above face value. Some bought tickets just to sell for a profit and some bought tickets with the idea of attending a portion of the games and easily getting their money back(or even making money) by selling the remainder.

Now that it is a buyers market, the resale value is somewhere between lower and non-existent. These people are no more or less Gopher fans, they are more investers. These same people(season ticket holders) are the ones that will drop by the wayside.

How many people fall into this category, I have no idea. Maybe someone can tell me.

The ticket broker thing is frustrating. I have 4 tickets. 2 in a donation section and 2 in a non-donation section. I'm trying to upgrade my 2 non-donation seats so I can have them together. Next year my kiddos will be old enough to start attending games so it'll be nice if I can get all 4 together. The problem is that there was no room in my current section....however the 4 seats immediately next to me are clearly owned by a broker because they've either been empty or filled with opposing fans all season.

As far as renewing or not-renewing. I'm on record that if Maturi hires an abymssal candidate (e.g. Trestman) then I'll have to give serious consideration to giving them up. I can handle mistakes but I can't handle surrender, which is what a Trestman hire would signal to me.

RE: Broker Tickets

I think there are a lot more broker tickets than one might think and it pisses me off. I'm in a donation section on the 50 and the four seats right behind us are broker seats; sold on StubHub every game and always occupied by opposition fans. It might be easier to handle if we were winning but to listening to those fans cheering every game is disappointing. The Buckeyer fans were surprisingly annoying. There is no way brokers are making money with those seats so I'm hoping they give them up.

I think there are a lot more broker tickets than one might think and it pisses me off. I'm in a donation section on the 50 and the four seats right behind us are broker seats; sold on StubHub every game and always occupied by opposition fans. It might be easier to handle if we were winning but to listening to those fans cheering every game is disappointing. The Buckeyer fans were surprisingly annoying. There is no way brokers are making money with those seats so I'm hoping they give them up.

I moved around all game to see where I want to switch seats for next season and ended-up talking with several OSU fans. Everyone I talked to were good football fans. Loved our stadium. Thought we were obviously good fans for dealing with the program as is. All in all, I was impressed-helps when winning by 40 I guess.

Ticket brokers are pure evil--that is for sure.

The ticket broker thing is frustrating. I have 4 tickets. 2 in a donation section and 2 in a non-donation section. I'm trying to upgrade my 2 non-donation seats so I can have them together. Next year my kiddos will be old enough to start attending games so it'll be nice if I can get all 4 together. The problem is that there was no room in my current section....however the 4 seats immediately next to me are clearly owned by a broker because they've either been empty or filled with opposing fans all season.

As far as renewing or not-renewing. I'm on record that if Maturi hires an abymssal candidate (e.g. Trestman) then I'll have to give serious consideration to giving them up. I can handle mistakes but I can't handle surrender, which is what a Trestman hire would signal to me.

My guess is there we be some room next year...... I would be shocked if you can't get your tickets combined next season. A lot of people I know are dropping, or reducing their number of tickets.

The renewal rate will largely depend on who we hire as head coach in my opinion. If it's not an exciting hire, then it will be way down.

I am more concerned that the U goes with a less fundamentally sound HC hire in favor of an "excitement hire" specifically for the purpose of selling season tickets next season.

With the schedule next year, if you (or anyone else) don't renew your season tickets for next year, the U should easily be able to unload them to ticket-brokers for next year. but beyond that, they need to be competitive against Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan.

Amazing. I understand if you can't afford the season tickets, but if are a true Gopher fan you hold the hope that the next hire will lead the program back to respectability. Then what happens when all the band wagon people will want to buy tickets and will whine when they are not able to get seats comparable to where they were before. Or the ticket brokers have bought tickets and are charging you more than face value or worse yet sell them to the opposition. If you sat through this year it can't get much worse. Games on campus are still a great way to have fun on a Saturday!

Top Bottom