Season ticket delivery date

Yeah if I remember right, they weren't sent until mid to late August. This was very frustrating last year as I had moved apartments after I bought my season tickets in the spring, and even after calling to tell them of the address change they still sent them to my old address. Thankfully I got the tickets forwarded to me, but it was literally the week of the first game.

I thought I was going to have to go into the ticket office to get them to reissue me tickets. I moved again this year to a house, and have called several times to make sure this doesn't happen again...

My tickets have always come UPS. Usually a couple of weeks before the season. It's like Christmas in August!

Among the reasons I find the Minnesota ticket office lacking, it's that they can't send Season tickets out faster. Given the due date for the invoice, it's inconceivable to me that they can't send the season tickets out 30 days before the first game. It's paper. They know who has paid, and who has not. The check is cashed and in the bank. It is poor customer service. There are people who split season tickets, people who drive long distances, and people who just don't like uncertainty.

It is very odd to me that tickets that all have TBD as at time can't be printed instantaneously. Last year I got mine 12 days before the start of the season. That isn't customer service, that is the convenience of the vendor.

By contrast, I have Twins season tickets. I get mine more than 30 days before opening day. If I have a ticket that is affected by a time change, I get an e-mail. Not a blast e-mail to all ticket holders, but one affecting one of the 20 games I have purchased. I don't have to read the paper, or go to a website--the team informs me of the time of the game, because they know who I am, what dates I have, and how to contact me. And the tickets are half the price.

I hope the University reads this site, and I hope they know that despite not having the hottest ticket in town currently, that at least I think they have the WORST ticket office. I haven't had experience with them, but I bet the Timberwolves treat their season ticket holders better.

Among the reasons I find the Minnesota ticket office lacking, it's that they can't send Season tickets out faster. Given the due date for the invoice, it's inconceivable to me that they can't send the season tickets out 30 days before the first game. It's paper. They know who has paid, and who has not. The check is cashed and in the bank. It is poor customer service. There are people who split season tickets, people who drive long distances, and people who just don't like uncertainty.

It is very odd to me that tickets that all have TBD as at time can't be printed instantaneously. Last year I got mine 12 days before the start of the season. That isn't customer service, that is the convenience of the vendor.

By contrast, I have Twins season tickets. I get mine more than 30 days before opening day. If I have a ticket that is affected by a time change, I get an e-mail. Not a blast e-mail to all ticket holders, but one affecting one of the 20 games I have purchased. I don't have to read the paper, or go to a website--the team informs me of the time of the game, because they know who I am, what dates I have, and how to contact me. And the tickets are half the price.

I hope the University reads this site, and I hope they know that despite not having the hottest ticket in town currently, that at least I think they have the WORST ticket office. I haven't had experience with them, but I bet the Timberwolves treat their season ticket holders better.

I can't figure out what the difference is between having ticket in hand 2 weeks or 4 weeks ahead ofg the first game? I usually just want my tickets in hand before I go to a game (yes, I'm using sarcasm), and I have always had them beforehand. We seem to have this discussion every year... I know I'll hear about the trouble then with getting tickets to people that are not the "purchasers". I use my tickets to go to the games, so I guess I'm being thoughtless. My co-attendees meet me there. There is FedEx if you have trouble getting tickets to your friends ASAP.

I keep hearing complaints, but I have had nothing but positive experiences with our ticket office in 14 seasons as a ticketholder. I haven't gotten everything I've asked for, but "you can't always get what you want". I guess I've either been monsterously lucky, or the reports of ineptitude have been greatly exaggerated.

If you have your tickets 2 weeks ahead of time I don't see what the problem is. If you need them earlier than that try making a phone call to the ticket office and see if you can pick them up instead of having them mailed out. It is amazing what a conversation can do instead of complaining about something over the internet. I have always had good luck working issues out with the ticket office. I have 4 football, 2 hockey and 2 basketball season tickets. I have moved seats in all three sports over the last couple of years and have found the ticket office very helpful with my request. I have not gotten everything I wanted from them, but I feel they have done the best they can do to help me out.

The reason for the time difference between when your payment is due, to them being shipped out is due to the process of ensuring everyone has renewed, going thru the seat upgrade process, and then sending the order to the printers to have them printed. This isnt a 1 week process, it takes awhile. The U has chosen UPS this year due to the past problems with USPS and tickets getting lost in the mail.

With regards to your Twins emails vs Gopher emails. There are only 7 home games. If you have season tickets, you have ALL 7 games, not just a handful like with the Twins. So any correction affects all season ticket holders. So that is why there is blast email for all season ticket holders. So your arguement doesnt make much sense.

And the U sends out emails whenever there is a time change announcement, and they send out an email each week of game telling what is going on for activities. They even go as far as giving the exact minutes of the start of game, team entrance, and when any parachuters may be landing. How is the U lacking in this department? I think you may just need to provide the U with your email so you get these.

I'll admit that I enjoy speaking with Jessica at the gopher ticket office.

I purchased additional tickets (pick-your-pack) on top of my seasons tix...do you think they'll mail all the tickets together or are they mailed out separately?

I purchased additional tickets (pick-your-pack) on top of my seasons tix...do you think they'll mail all the tickets together or are they mailed out separately?

You may get those earlier because they are just printed on regular ticket stock at the U and dont have to be sent to a printing company like the season ticket packages. At the same time, they may not print those single game tickets until a specific date.

With regards to your Twins emails vs Gopher emails. There are only 7 home games. If you have season tickets, you have ALL 7 games, not just a handful like with the Twins. So any correction affects all season ticket holders. So that is why there is blast email for all season ticket holders. So your arguement doesnt make much sense.

You know, I sidetracked myself there. I was trying to show how much I like the Twins ticket office, and was trying to offer and example of how good a job they do. I realize that it looks like I was complaining about the Gophers' blast e-mails, and I agree, there is no other way that makes sense for Gopher football.

And yes, there is Fed-ex, but I'd rather not pay for that, if avoidable.

I'm just thinking that they have corrected the rediculous pat down on entry, here is another, fixable problem.

And I was really hot and tired when I typed the first post. I shouldn't do that.

Last year they also used USPS, which is slow and unreliable. This year it will be UPS which tracks every piece of mail they have with barcodes that the U can track. No more lost packages like last year.

Top Bottom