Seantrel: "There's a good chance that Minnesota could be my last official visit"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Seantrel: "There's a good chance that Minnesota could be my last official visit"

Henderson, a five-star offensive tackle and USA Today's national offensive player of the year, said Brewster getting offered an extension gives him more confidence that the Gophers' program is building stability.

"That's a good sign," Henderson said. "Brewster is trying to be stable. It shows that this is where he wants to be, so it's a good thing for me to see. Brewster is a real good guy."

Henderson, who will play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Jan. 9 in San Antonio, said he is still trying to set up his final official visit for next month.

"There's a good chance that Minnesota could be my last official visit, but I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do right now," he said. "They are still in the running."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_14084907

Go Gophers!!

SH to be a Gopher?

It may come down to to SH staying at home after all. I posted last week that it could work for us.

SH would be a key to the recruiting sucess in the coming years. Mark my words felloe holer's.

Go Gopher's

Seantrel, make that visit. We'll wish you the best if you end up at So Cal. We'll lov ya to pieces if you're one of us. You've got a tough decision...good luck!

Taking an Official Visit to Minnesota will show SH exactly what Brewster and his staff are doing to attract top recruits. A great visit will go a long way to helping Seantrel decide to stay and help bring a Big Ten Championship home to Minnesota.

Whatever happens, this much is true:

Seantrel and his family have carried themselves exceptionally well in public. Model behavior. Pure class. Good for them!!

Studwell.....

Couldn't agree more. Have been incredibly impressed with how he has carried himself the whole time.

What's he going to learn on an official visit that he doesn't already know?

Seems to me an OV would have little effect on his final decision. It might help the perception of the program a tiny bit, and also boost Minnesotans' perception of SH giving the U a "fair shot."

What's he going to learn on an official visit that he doesn't already know?

He may learn that Minnesota is the place he can make the best memories of his life, play both basketball and football in front of his family and friends, and that he can have a lasting effect on the memories of a generation of fans like Bud Grant, Marion Barber, Darrell Thompson, Paul Giel, and Eric Decker.

I am having dreams of having two nfl bookend tackles.

It might be that he's narrowed his choices down far enough that adding another team to consider is counter-productive. And he's busy and focused on basketball.

What is with all of this token consideration crap people keep spewing?

Why doesn't anyone actaully believe that we have a great chance to keep him instate?

Have some pride in our program and quit viewing it "third world".

Don't you think that if Seantrel wanted to go to USC he would have eliminated all schools except USC and the Gophs(only for token consideration, of course) so he could still make his announcement at the US Army Game.

We have a shot and a pretty darn good one. He lives here. His family is here. He knows the culture. He knows everything about this place.

I think we have a good chance, I'm just commenting on his change of tune. Before he didn't need to take an official to Minnesota becuase he was here all the time anyway. Now he's considering it. I think it says more about the other schools he was considering than Minnesota. It doesn't mean i think we're not in consideration. I've never been one to think it was 99% USC. I think our chances are improving daily.

As do I.

Lets just say that I have always pictured this class with Seantrel committing to the U.

Don't know why. I just have faith in our coach that he has put in quality time and will ultimately seal the deal.

I honestly believe that the bad publicity of the USC football program recently (and the USC athletic department for that matter) has translated into Seantrel warming up to the University of Minnesota. It seems that Henderson's family wouldn't want to have Seantrel play for a program that is potentially violating NCAA rules, and the subtle response to these allegations, I believe, is that they don't want to be a part of something unethical.

I just think the more they bring the whole picture into focus Minnesota starts looking better. Does it ever overcome the better pure football choice?? I don't know. Personally my view has always been that the advantage from a football perspective given his high profile is minimal by going to a powerhouse, and the advantages he gains by sticking around will pay off for the rest of his life. Add basketball considerations to the mix, staying here is a tremendous no brainer. His life is substantially better by staying. That's how I've always seen it.

Dear Jesus, Buddah, Allah, God, Superman...
I don't ask for much. World peace. Pretty girls kissing each other. Piles and piles of money. Hollywood finally wising up and making a sequel to Captain Ron. Above all that, I please ask that whatever higher power there is, please, please, please let Seantrel decide to play for the University of Minnesota. The world will certainly be a better place with droves of children scurrying about the outskirts of TCF wearing maroon and gold #77 jerseys. Think about it, OK? Thanks for the time, your friend PlayHosea.

"Dear Jesus, Buddah, Allah, God, Superman...":confused:

Do you have the wrong website! :eek:

Even though Seantrell's dad has been the one doing most of the talking in public, the biggest influence in this situation is mom and Brewster has had her locked up for quite some time. Seantrell isn't Willie Mobley and doesn't mess around so if he says it, I believe it to be sincere.

I will tell you one thing I know about the Henderson and his family, they are looking out for what is best for SH. I think they have carried themselves absolutely perfect throughout all of this, but their number #1 priority is what is best for Seantrel (as it should be). Therefore, I have a hard time believing they would waste their time on lip service and charity visits to the U.

That's the best news I've heard in a long time from a source I can believe. Stick around the football board, Johnny!

Even though Seantrell's dad has been the one doing most of the talking in public, the biggest influence in this situation is mom and Brewster has had her locked up for quite some time. Seantrell isn't Willie Mobley and doesn't mess around so if he says it, I believe it to be sincere.

I hope Seantrell's visit includes a Big Ten basketball game at Williams Arena. Nothing beats that atmosphere (it's just so much different than the non-conference games).

I believe we will get SH! We have as much chance of landing him as we do of beating Iowa State!

Top Bottom