Seantrel named USA Today National Offensive POY

I just want to make sure people don't get a big let down come signing day, but Seantral is not coming to MN. That's just a fact of reality. The number one recruit in the nation is not going to play at MN. I know people on this board will accuse me of being a troll but you can't be afraid to state the obvious. He's not coming. I just don't want people to have these false hopes that Seantral might sign with us.

Kind of stings to see that Kip Smith is the first team kicker. I don't think there will be a big let down if and when Seantrel commits elsewhere. 99% of Gopher fans don't expect him to sign here, but until he signs elsewhere, there's always a chance, no matter how slim it is. You can read between the lines all you want, but you don't know what the young man is thinking. He has a real good chance to be great wherever he goes, but only Minnesota affords him the opportunity to become a legend.

I get tired of hearing SH is not going to Minnesota

It get's old hearing and having everyone tell him do not go to Minnesota or it's 99% certain he is not comming here because he is the number one recruit. News flash the kid is already famous having a national article in the USA today being named the number 1 offensive guy. He will play in the NFL no matter where he goes to school.

There are a lot of positives to the "U". Great campus, great facillities for the football program, one heck of a new stadium, damn good food and having your girl or girlfriend around is not always a bad thing, and you do not have to live with your parents but they get to see you play every game without having to move and only traveling to the away games. If he want's to play basketball too, I would have to think coach Smith would more than welcome the big fella to come play basketball to. If there is a way I'm in for starting a pizza fund. There are a ton of "Positives" about "home" and staying home, not everyone has to go away to feel the love or admiration. I know one thing he picks the Gophers he will hear the roar of the crowd like Joe Mauer does, in Minnesota we love our own and there is nothing wrong with that, to many leave we need to make our own feel wanted and needed at home, stop telling them it sucks here because it doesn't. Minnesota has a good program, we can be great again if we keep adding more of our best. ''

Not everyone has to leave to feel Validated by leaving , dude is already one of the best, It would be a privledge as a Goper fan to see Seantrel knock a Badger or a Hawkeye on his ass with that Minnesota on his chest. Henderson come's here and you will see an attitude that we have not seen in a long time. The fact that he still has us in the mix is good.

I agree that it would be awesome to see Seantrel knock Badgers flat on their back, and I would love to see it, but it's not going to happen. Reality is he's going someplace else but I do agree that the last few years have helped prepare us that the top guy in MN goes someplace else. I want Seantrel to come here but the chances of that happening is like getting Pete Carrol as our next football coach. Yes I know Brewster is still the coach here, but I think this coming year is the make our break year for him

I agree that it would be awesome to see Seantrel knock Badgers flat on their back, and I would love to see it, but it's not going to happen. Reality is he's going someplace else but I do agree that the last few years have helped prepare us that the top guy in MN goes someplace else. I want Seantrel to come here but the chances of that happening is like getting Pete Carrol as our next football coach. Yes I know Brewster is still the coach here, but I think this coming year is the make our break year for him

Forgoing the "he doesn't want to play any basketball" response do you think that there's any chance that Carroll would let SH play basketball at USC? He could at Minnesota and I think there's a precedence for it at Ohio State and Notre Dame. Heck he could start as a Freshman for Iowa no matter how far into the season it was!

If he's telling the truth, and we have no reason to doubt him, the question becomes would Carroll or even Meyer, let him play basketball?

Forgoing the "he doesn't want to play any basketball" response do you think that there's any chance that Carroll would let SH play basketball at USC? He could at Minnesota and I think there's a precedence for it at Ohio State and Notre Dame. Heck he could start as a Freshman for Iowa no matter how far into the season it was!

If he's telling the truth, and we have no reason to doubt him, the question becomes would Carroll or even Meyer, let him play basketball?
I'm pretty sure Pete Carroll will do anything to get him on the team. He's a cheating scumbag.

Heard on ESPN radio last night that there is some talk about the RB at USC, Mcknight, that has been seen driving around in a very expensive car, one that he or his family could not afford...

Come to MN Seantrel and knock some badger and hawkeye butts around!!

Heard on ESPN radio last night that there is some talk about the RB at USC, Mcknight, that has been seen driving around in a very expensive car, one that he or his family could not afford...

Come to MN Seantrel and knock some badger and hawkeye butts around!!
Yep, could the McKnight situation, along with the Reggie Bush situation lead to sanctions? You never know. Is that the type of situation that Seantrel is looking to step into? Just saying.

Well, I don't think he will come here either but you never know. If we could land him, I would be really happy because I am not really counting on it.

You never know if he is really attached to his parents and want to play in front of them or has a girlfriend he wants to be with around here. Eventually though, we WILL get that real stud to stay home and that will be just huge for all of us!

It get's old hearing and having everyone tell him do not go to Minnesota or it's 99% certain he is not comming here because he is the number one recruit. News flash the kid is already famous having a national article in the USA today being named the number 1 offensive guy. He will play in the NFL no matter where he goes to school.

There are a lot of positives to the "U". Great campus, great facillities for the football program, one heck of a new stadium, damn good food and having your girl or girlfriend around is not always a bad thing, and you do not have to live with your parents but they get to see you play every game without having to move and only traveling to the away games. If he want's to play basketball too, I would have to think coach Smith would more than welcome the big fella to come play basketball to. If there is a way I'm in for starting a pizza fund. There are a ton of "Positives" about "home" and staying home, not everyone has to go away to feel the love or admiration. I know one thing he picks the Gophers he will hear the roar of the crowd like Joe Mauer does, in Minnesota we love our own and there is nothing wrong with that, to many leave we need to make our own feel wanted and needed at home, stop telling them it sucks here because it doesn't. Minnesota has a good program, we can be great again if we keep adding more of our best. ''

Not everyone has to leave to feel Validated by leaving , dude is already one of the best, It would be a privledge as a Goper fan to see Seantrel knock a Badger or a Hawkeye on his ass with that Minnesota on his chest. Henderson come's here and you will see an attitude that we have not seen in a long time. The fact that he still has us in the mix is good.

That's a super post man...If I was Seantrel and read this, I'd call Brewster and sign up! The talk about knocking badgers and hawkeyes on their ass got me fired up for football season! I'm one that actually believes we have a chance with him but who knows...

Top Bottom