SDSU running back quote

Fuller quote

One of the game stories in Monday's Minnesota Daily rendered the Kyle Minett quote a little differently:

“The Gophers are a great football team and everything, but they’re no better than Northern Iowa. They’re no better than Southern Illinois and other [FCS] teams that we’ve played this year,” Jackrabbits running back Kyle Minett said minutes after the final gun Saturday.​

Does that make a whole lot of difference? Maybe not, but to me it doesn't sound like trash talk. It sounds more like a guy just talking with a microphone nearby, and writers ready to focus on the excerpt that attracts the most attention from the readers. I would read into it approximately what almost everyone who has posted on this thread has said: that the Gopher team he just saw didn't distinguish themselves from Northern Iowa or Southern Illinois or other teams the Jackrabbits have played. Who can argue with that? Had the writers chosen to, they could have selected "The Gophers are a great football team and everything..." as their excerpt, and would have missed his meaning even more. Judging the guy on the basis of the subset of words reporters select gives everyone the opportunity to vent, but that's about it.

KYLE is a lil punk, plain and simple. He's a real tough guy at the "CLUB 9" in Brookings SD as well. "granted, a club in brookings is kinda like a Murray's in Blackduck"

Kyle is getting what he deserves, he grew up dreaming of being as good as his hometown hero "TODD BOUMAN', too bad he'll go down as the #3 RTR athlete of all time (Lee Rood -Baller from 1991 is #2).

Sooooo Kyle, go back to RTR and sell cars or insurance.... we'll miss ya..... NOT.

He's the #3 runner in MVFC as well in 2009:
AVG/YRD/GAME
1. Paschall,Pat-NDSU Sr 9 180 1257 7.0 13 91 139.7
2. Karim, Deji-SIU Sr 10 189 1356 7.2 14 93 135.6
3. Minett,Kyle-SDSU Jr 10 212 1026 4.8 12 64 102.6

So here's to being #3 Kyle, congrats.

lakesgopher, your signature is too funny.

perhaps you will just continue to amend it as we go on: "5 NDSU players still in the NFL!!!", "A NDSU player still in the NFL!!!", "NDSU player makes travel squad!!!"

the last play of the game is quite funny to watch on DVR...

Minnet is near the SDSU sidelines with the ball. He jumps in the air to throw a forward lateral and get's popped by 2 gophers. He bounces out of bounds then lays there for a few moments.

Nice ending to a crummy game, got a final lick on the lil bugger.

He's the #3 runner in MVFC as well in 2009:
AVG/YRD/GAME
1. Paschall,Pat-NDSU Sr 9 180 1257 7.0 13 91 139.7
2. Karim, Deji-SIU Sr 10 189 1356 7.2 14 93 135.6
3. Minett,Kyle-SDSU Jr 10 212 1026 4.8 12 64 102.6

So here's to being #3 Kyle, congrats.

Too bad he couldnt play the Bison every week.

164 yards earlier this year against NDSU.

Must've been that muddy turf, eh?

or against our 11th linebacker of the season. re-read my post about the punk. this is about his comment vs the gophers.

or against our 11th linebacker of the season. re-read my post about the punk. this is about his comment vs the gophers.

He's had quite a career for the Jacks.

3-0 against NDSU with 309 rushing yards.

KYLE is a lil punk, plain and simple. He's a real tough guy at the "CLUB 9" in Brookings SD as well. "granted, a club in brookings is kinda like a Murray's in Blackduck"

Kyle is getting what he deserves, he grew up dreaming of being as good as his hometown hero "TODD BOUMAN', too bad he'll go down as the #3 RTR athlete of all time (Lee Rood -Baller from 1991 is #2).

Sooooo Kyle, go back to RTR and sell cars or insurance.... we'll miss ya..... NOT.

Your knowledge of RTR sports history is impressive, but you are still a complete tool. I truly hope you aren't a fellow alum. And Minnett had a much more distinguished career than Lee Rood, although Cuda was certainly nothing to sneeze at.

I cannot believe the consternation this quote is causing. We played absolutely terrible. What did we do to make SDSU think we were better than the team that beat them by 20 on their home field the week before? It was an embarrassment of a game and we best just move on. We play Iowa this week. Let's show up and prove that we are actually a good team. If you have a problem with what he said, don't give him any more attention. Jesus, this board has become a cesspool.

All this reaffirms my (and Brewster's) view that we should not be playing FCS schools. Completely no win situation. You win and everyone says: "big deal, you should beat them;" you lose, and everyone laughs at your embarrassing failure.

As an "M" man I'm embarasssed by the way we played on Sat. They way we played the SDSU kid was right!!! They had a Fr. QB and he had a tough game. What was our excuse? We had a 3 yr. starter! We stunk the place up,face it Sat the Kid was right!

Top Bottom