SDSU running back quote

What's truly scary is that SDSU isn't any good either. In fact, they're rather putrid based on other FCS teams I have seen this year. Makes 16-13 all the more disappointing.

classic losers limp.

he's the kind of guy who in twenty years is telling anyone who will listen: "in 2009 i rushed for 79 yards and zero touchdowns against a FBS team that, seriously, wasn't as good as the university of northern iowa team we played earlier in the season."

when you lose, you take stock and move on. you don't claim that you are the better team. no wonder he is playing at SDSU.

classic losers limp.

he's the kind of guy who in twenty years is telling anyone who will listen: "in 2009 i rushed for 79 yards and zero touchdowns against a FBS team that, seriously, wasn't as good as the university of northern iowa team we played earlier in the season."

when you lose, you take stock and move on. you don't claim that you are the better team. no wonder he is playing at SDSU.

what batman said. sounds like a rather poor sport.

p.s. you didn't do jack-sh!t today kyle minett. so, perhaps you should really just keep your trap shut instead of talking smack after the game while you are with the leaches......excuse me press corp

what batman said. sounds like a rather poor sport.

p.s. you didn't do jack-sh!t today kyle minett. so, perhaps you should really just keep your trap shut instead of talking smack after the game while you are with the leaches......excuse me press corp

Brewster hasn't done anything and it hasn't stopped him from running his trap.

I agree Bronko -- he needs to just keep his mouth shut.

However, if you look at the game ending stats and score, I think he
may very well be right - offensively we played a horrible horrible game.
If we were playing any Big Ten team we lose by at least 3 TD's.

It should be noted if we played like we did vs. Michigan St. the final score
would have probably been something like 58-7 though.

The defense, other then a couple of plays, did their part. This was completely an offensive disaster on the part of the Gophers. All the SD team scored on the defense was 2 FGs.

I've watched all these teams play and he is right, it is especially true with Decker out.

So Iowa belongs in the same conversation after their performance against UNI, right? Of course not. The Gophers played an atrocious game and won. It's completely embarrassing, but it does not mean they are on "the same level" as FBS teams.

I am sure not a single BCS school would so much as sneeze in this loser's direction when he was being recruited. What a living joke.

Glory Days! Well they'll pass you by, Glory Days!!!

So Iowa belongs in the same conversation after their performance against UNI, right? Of course not. The Gophers played an atrocious game and won. It's completely embarrassing, but it does not mean they are on "the same level" as FBS teams.

I suppose SDSU played great? I don't know if I have seen a QB play worse, both teams played poorly offensively.

As for Iowa they seem to play to the level of their competition a lot.

If I played for a mediocore FCS team and almost beat a BSC conference team, i would probably talk some crap. There is NO way that a 63 scholarship team should be able to go into a BCS conference team's own territory and almost pull off a victory. Instead of everyone ripping this immature kid for what he said, maybe we should wonder why he even thought that.

Minnesota should of erased all doubt. SDSU players should of walked away thinking well that's why we got paid a crap load of money. To come here and get beaten into the ground.

The gophers did nothing to prove that SDSU doesn't belong on the same field as them. And FargoBison, SDSU played a frosh qb so I can understand his crappy play... Webber's I can not.

And EG#9, I've seen some pretty good FCS. I think App St could beat the gophers this year

I've watched all these teams play and he is right, it is especially true with Decker out.

you ndsu fans need to get over brewster calling you the "little green guys up north." the only reason bizon fans dislike the gophers is because minny coaches and fans didnt bow down to ndsu's d2 accomplishments. get over it, it happened a couple years ago and ndsu isnt as good as sdsu. the bunnies beat you when you were at your best and now they have beaten you when your horrible. i bet next year they will beat you again!

If I played for a mediocore FCS team and almost beat a BSC conference team, i would probably talk some crap. There is NO way that a 63 scholarship team should be able to go into a BCS conference team's own territory and almost pull off a victory. Instead of everyone ripping this immature kid for what he said, maybe we should wonder why he even thought that.

Minnesota should of erased all doubt. SDSU players should of walked away thinking well that's why we got paid a crap load of money. To come here and get beaten into the ground.

The gophers did nothing to prove that SDSU doesn't belong on the same field as them. And FargoBison, SDSU played a frosh qb so I can understand his crappy play... Webber's I can not.

And EG#9, I've seen some pretty good FCS. I think App St could beat the gophers this year

college football has changed a lot. great athletes are at every level. look what app state did to michigan. these teams can play a game or two tough against fbs opponents, however if they had to play a full season against the big ten, they would get blown out on a weekly basis. congrats to sdsu but lets not kid ourselves, they scored 6 points on offense. pretty sure i would call that getting taken out back and slapped around.

by the way, weber played like crap, o line played the same, and how many more td's will mcknight drop before the season ends?(dropped 2 against illinois and 1 against sdsu)

you ndsu fans need to get over brewster calling you the "little green guys up north." the only reason bizon fans dislike the gophers is because minny coaches and fans didnt bow down to ndsu's d2 accomplishments. get over it, it happened a couple years ago and ndsu isnt as good as sdsu. the bunnies beat you when you were at your best and now they have beaten you when your horrible. i bet next year they will beat you again!

God doesn't expect as much respect as some Bison fans expect.

Lets just throw out every generalization you can think of, never mind the fact that I haven't said anything close to what you are talking about.

My point is that the Gophers do not stand out when compared to these teams. I have watched all of them play extensively. If you had Decker or a QB that had stepped up in his absence I would probably feel different but that isn't the case.

Team Reflects Head Coach

fair, but brewster is not on the field of play. and i am not sure brewster has ever "run his trap" in the way this smug little rb just did.

Bernie Bierman was not on the field of play. Murray Warmath was not on the field of play. They projected themselves into the game by getting their teams ready to play. Six national championships were the results. When Tim Brewster puts a team on the field of play, they reflect him. If he has not talent, you would hope they would play hard and perform to the top of their ability. If they are talented, you would hope they would play hard, perform to the best of their ability, execute and win handily against inferior competition.

How does Brewster stack up? Check out the penalties, how players improve from year-to-year, etc. This is not opinion of people unhappy with a game against SDSU, this is about a coach underperforming. Good recruiter, nice guy, bad coach.

Honestly, from someone who follows FCS & FBS football closely, the quotes isn't that far off. The top 3 teams from the MVC would be in the bottom third of the big 10 but would be better than Indiana, Michigan, Illinois. Southern Illinois & Northern Iowa both looked more impressive than Minnesota did.

Minnesota's offense was terrible yesterday but you have to give SDSU's D some credit. They have been one of the best units in FCS all year and it's no mistake that Minnesota only put up 16 pts on them. They have future NFL players in SR DE Danny Batten, SO DE Jake Steffen, JR LB Derek Domino, & JR S Conrad Kjerstad. Weber had decent pressure on him most of the game and the running game didn't do anything.

Memo to Minnett: Now you can start working on the line you'll be saying for the next five years, "Would you like fries with that?"

Thanks!

I suppose SDSU played great? I don't know if I have seen a QB play worse, both teams played poorly offensively.

As for Iowa they seem to play to the level of their competition a lot.

I now have hope for our game against Iowa!:confused:

These MVC teams are pretty darn good.

Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois and South Dakota State all have quite a bit of talent.

I think teams like Minnesota and Iowa probably do take them a bit too lightly, and then have to struggle to put them away after they gain some confidence.

Those SDSU fans were easily the most aggressive foulmouthed visiting fans yet this year. It was a joy watching them be the goat at the end of the game.

Something special about watching the other team fans get emotionally crushed and a U of M blowout wouldn't have given that to me.

Good 1-AA (I refuse to use this FCS/ FBS garbage) schools can play with low level Big Ten teams. However, not if they had to do it every week. Physically they would get beat down.

Good D2 teams could play wtih 1-AA but not every week.

Honestly, better than the lower level big 10 teams? If you're following the FBS then you're not watching enough big 10 football apparently. The Gophers that came out to play NW, MSU, Cal (for 3 quarters), Purdue, and the 2nd half against IL would have absolutely throttled SDSU. Sadly, the team that showed up to the other 1/5 of those games came out and played an entire game against SDSU and this Minnet kid decides to disrespect a team that would otherwise give 2 turds about his State, Team, Teammates, and mascot. Honestly, if he knew how much money that contract to play in 2015 was worth he'd have been well advised to shut his trap. I'm pretty sure his coach laid into him after that one...biting the hand that feeds you isn't a good idea considering their teams count on the revenue they get from these big time appearances. I mean, lets be honest, 13,000 per game doesn't exactly pay the bills. I'm sure they made more money in traveling to TCF Bank than they did all season in Brookings. So yeah, talk about an ill-advised comment.

btw - I'm an SDSU alum...it kills me to hear this kid quoted like that. I'm a Gopher fan since birth practically...but I played ball out there so I have a bit of an affinity for my college roots. To me, it was obvious that the bigger / faster team came out and laid an egg. We (sdsu) were lucky to be in that game all things considered. And I'm not saying SDSU played all that well...they didn't - but I do realize that had the Gophs played relatively close to their A game on "O" they'd have been 1/2 way home to SD by halftime. That being said...name me 1 D-1AA team that held SDSU to under 250 yards of total offense this year...the Gopher D did play as good as they could have. So yeah, saying that the Gophers are no better than any team SDSU has played this year is a drastic overstatement by a frustrated player with absolutely no filter. He'll regret that down the road...but I'm sure his emotions were running high considering going in I'm sure he had hoped to light up the team that never even sent him a letter of interest during the recruiting process.

With that said...I sure as hell hope the Gophers don't lay an egg this week. I'm just hoping we score a few TD's and keep Iowa's offense in check. We, as team have regressed since day 1 2009 - it's time to put a complete football game together for once. All cylinders means offense clicks, defense clicks, the return game / coverage teams do their jobs, and we keep the laundry off the field for once!

Whaaaatttt?

Honestly, from someone who follows FCS & FBS football closely, the quotes isn't that far off. The top 3 teams from the MVC would be in the bottom third of the big 10 but would be better than Indiana, Michigan, Illinois. Southern Illinois & Northern Iowa both looked more impressive than Minnesota did.

Minnesota's offense was terrible yesterday but you have to give SDSU's D some credit. They have been one of the best units in FCS all year and it's no mistake that Minnesota only put up 16 pts on them. They have future NFL players in SR DE Danny Batten, SO DE Jake Steffen, JR LB Derek Domino, & JR S Conrad Kjerstad. Weber had decent pressure on him most of the game and the running game didn't do anything.

When Hare, Bison (as they did in '07), and other D1-AA, fans post quotes like this, it justifies all of the derision heaped on them by BCS conference fans, and erases whatever shreds of credibility that (only) they believe they have.

When you're going 3-8 in the Missouri Valley - like the Buffaloes are doing this year - you will be no where to be found, with your mouths shut. Re-read what you posted.

Laughable.

Top Bottom