SDSU is NOT the NDSU of 2007 !! no no.

lakesbison

Banned
Reaction score
Ok Fellow Gopher Fans.

GOPHERS WILL CRUSH SATURDAY!!

This is NOT the 2007 NDSU team with 6 guys that are in the NFL (total of 11 had tryouts)

SDSU has beat 1 team this year that is any good (Northern Iowa) , if NDSU didnt have their league leading running back suspended and the brookings high school team didnt tear up thier field the nite before (YES< THEY SHARE THEIR STADIUM WITH A HS TEAM!!!)

SDSU got killed by SIU, & lost to a CAL POLY team (who lost to a D2 team in UND --who lost to a NAIA team the week before.. hahahaha.)

Gophers easily dominate this!

LETS PUMP IT UP AROUND HERE, THE SCOREBOARD WILL BE LIT UP!!!! I CANNOT WAIT, I HAVE CRAPPY SEATS, BUT ILL BE FRONT ROW AT THE BAR AFTER!!!

Ok Fellow Gopher Fans.

GOPHERS WILL CRUSH SATURDAY!!

This is NOT the 2007 NDSU team with 6 guys that are in the NFL (total of 11 had tryouts)

SDSU has beat 1 team this year that is any good (Northern Iowa) , if NDSU didnt have their league leading running back suspended and the brookings high school team didnt tear up thier field the nite before (YES< THEY SHARE THEIR STADIUM WITH A HS TEAM!!!)

SDSU got killed by SIU, & lost to a CAL POLY team (who lost to a D2 team in UND --who lost to a NAIA team the week before.. hahahaha.)

Gophers easily dominate this!

LETS PUMP IT UP AROUND HERE, THE SCOREBOARD WILL BE LIT UP!!!! I CANNOT WAIT, I HAVE CRAPPY SEATS, BUT ILL BE FRONT ROW AT THE BAR AFTER!!!

So you really want to blame the field. Last I checked in a football game both teams play on the same field, lame excuse.

Awesome. Let's puff out our chests and talk smack about a D2 team. :cool02:

Awesome. Let's puff out our chests and talk smack about a D2 team. :cool02:

What else can he do, he cannot exactly brag about their head coach who is one of the most morally bankrupt coaches you will find.

Just to be clear, you're talking about the 2007 NDSU team that lost to South Dakota State that year? Is that correct?

As disappointing as the loss last week was, at least we are not Bison fans still hanging our hat on beating a terrible 1-11 team 3 years ago.

Lakesbison has now been ignored on Gopherhole.......I feel so much better.

Everything is stacked in the gophers favor for this game. Playing at home against (at the best) an above average FCS team, but still I am sure the gopher will find a way to make the game be close.

I am from ND not really up to date on everything going on in gopher land. So I have a question for all you gopher fans?

From what I understand Brewster doesn't want to play regional FCS teams he much rather play big name teams, but from what I hear Maturi told Brewster the gophers are playing regional FCS team. What do the gophers have to gain???? Its a game you can never win its like fighting your little brother. If you win its no big deal if you lose its never forgotten. So whats the reason the gopher are still playing FCS games? To give them a win to make a bowl??? They play in TCF now there is no need for regional games to fill the pitiful Metrodome. TCF doesn't need an attendance boost.

They play in TCF now there is no need for regional games to fill the pitiful Metrodome. TCF doesn't need an attendance boost.

I see more and more tickets available online, and if the weather is half way decent would not be surprised if it is a mighty poor showing by the Gopher Fans with a let down and golf weather and an 11am start coluding to summon the typical piss poor Twin Cites fan base. Further I bet there will be an extra 5K Jacks fans to scoop up the tickets. I just hope Antoine Lewis doesn't decide on his back up school of WKU after our weak fan showing.

Bison, if we win these games it's a step toward being bowl eligible. No matter what you say, football is first a business. Getting into a bowl game is critically important in the cash drawer. Thus, we'll play a Syracuse, Cal, USC, Texas and UNC (but only 1 or 2 per year). We're also going to play games like SDSU, the Bison and Miami of Ohio.

Playing at home against (at the best) an above average FCS team.

That above average SDSU team has a knack for beating you guys, though, right? I mean they beat your best team ever. C'mon, give them a little credit. They are a bit better than above average. Cripes they're ranked #12 in the FCS bowl this week and #9 the week before. You just can't bring yourself to give them credit, huh?

What do the gophers have to gain???? Its a game you can never win its like fighting your little brother. If you win its no big deal if you lose its never forgotten. So whats the reason the gopher are still playing FCS games?

There is nothing to gain by playing NDSU or SDSU, etc. But, this is the week that the Big Ten schedulers said we don't have a Big Ten game. There is no BCS-level team that would come to Minneapolis in the middle of November for a non-conference game. So, we have to schedule a FCS team (as EVERY other Big Ten team did during their "off" week from the Big Ten schedule). Maturi simply believes as long as we have to schedule an FCS team, we might as well make it a regional one to generate some interest. No need to bring in Murray State, Missouri State or McNeese State. Although, we have Western Illinois and Middle Tennessee State on future schedules, too.

FALSE! From a business standpoint, any bowl we go to this year will not cover our expenses. Break even does not occur until the Alamo/Champs bowl payouts are achieved. I wish people would educate themselves and stop touting Detroit/Tempe as some major financial windfall.

I thought the Big 10 pooled and split all bowl money evenly. Is that not the case?

I thought the Big 10 pooled and split all bowl money evenly. Is that not the case?

Yep, that's the big advantage in getting two BCS Bowls; not to mention the big Rose Bowl payoff going to the Big Ten. There is an expense factor but why give him the satisfaction.

Everything is stacked in the gophers favor for this game. Playing at home against (at the best) an above average FCS team, but still I am sure the gopher will find a way to make the game be close.

I am from ND not really up to date on everything going on in gopher land. So I have a question for all you gopher fans?

From what I understand Brewster doesn't want to play regional FCS teams he much rather play big name teams, but from what I hear Maturi told Brewster the gophers are playing regional FCS team. What do the gophers have to gain???? Its a game you can never win its like fighting your little brother. If you win its no big deal if you lose its never forgotten. So whats the reason the gopher are still playing FCS games? To give them a win to make a bowl??? They play in TCF now there is no need for regional games to fill the pitiful Metrodome. TCF doesn't need an attendance boost.

When the NCAA approved a yearly 12th game there was heavy pressure on the (at the time) D-1A schools to schedule a D1-AA school to "spread the wealth". That's why a win in those games was allowed to count against the 6 wins that are needed for bowl eligibility every year not on a restricted basis.

Maturi has said time and again that he'd like to have a Non-Conference Schedule of: 1- FCS game with a regional team. 1- BCS game and 2- non- BCS schools. He also needs 7 home games. Brewster wants a least one big time game in that bunch.

What the NCAA has to do is get a handle on payouts. The stories about Boise State not be able to get a Non- Conference game with a BCS school even without a home-and-home attached to it? It turns out that they want one million dollars for the game.

SDSU is coming here for a little less.

pick and choose what you want.

the title on this thread is golden: this SDSU team is NOT the 2007 NDSU team talent wise, O line, RB, QB, WR,. on and on and on....

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT the biggest point is, SDSU hasnt beaten a solid team this year, (they caught UNI on a crappy field and NDSU with the nations leading rusher suspended). heck their cal poly win isnt that impressive since they lost to UND (who lost to a NAIA team, and beat a 2-6 NAIA team by 6)

so SDSU isnt that good of a team this year (AND NDSU ISNT EITHER!))

I fully expect to witness the gophers run up the score.

I think a better headline for this thread would be...

The U of M is NOT the U of M of 2007.

they caught UNI on a crappy field

Please explain why you keep bringing this up as though it is relevant. It's not like SDSU's offense held the ball on a good field, and then they switched to a poor field when UNI had the ball. I'm fairly certain both teams played in the same conditions, so what's the difference?

They practice on the mud and being from brookings, they are used to it (i wont even talk about the tailgate area). so of course they will have advantages in that regard vs DOME teams. thats' all I am saying...........did I mention they share their stadium with a high school team? :D:D:D

They practice on the mud and being from brookings, they are used to it (i wont even talk about the tailgate area). so of course they will have advantages in that regard vs DOME teams. thats' all I am saying...........did I mention they share their stadium with a high school team? :D:D:D

Lame excuse, here is a tip for your team buy some cleats.

FYI, the game vs UNI was played in perfect field conditions. In the month of October South Dakota had an unprecedented amount of rain (pretty much rained each day that month) and the thought was the field would be muddy for UNI but it was sunny and the field dried up and the conditions were normal.
LakesBison will make an excuse for anything. He has to be the most pathetic person on the face of the planet. He has spent this whole week trying to gather up fan support to root against SDSU and is more worried about what a rival team is doing than what his team is doing.

If I wasn't a Gopher fan, reading lakesbison's posts would definitely get me to pull for SDSU tomorrow and against NDSU every other day of the year.

Hey Lakes...stay off my side!

section 246 row 1?

dont spit on me from above in your cheap seats, ill be right below you cheering WITH YOU!.

the jacks are a joke, horrible town, horrible tailgating, horrible field & facilities, its pathetic.

the jacks are a joke, horrible town, horrible tailgating, horrible field & facilities, its pathetic.

All the more embarrassing then that the bison have lost 3 straight to them!

Oh yes, I forgot, they were not actually losses due to suspensions, turnovers, poor field conditions, etc.

]the jacks are a joke, horrible town, horrible tailgating, horrible field & facilities, its pathetic.

So any team that would lose to them three straight times would be????

]did I mention they share their stadium with a high school team?

Could you let the Gopherholers know what event is taking place this weekend at the Fargo Dome?????? Could it be? Could it be??????

Hypocrisy knows no bounds

METRODOME HAS HS CHAMPIONSHIPS FOR 20+ years with MINNESOTA TOO!

Im talking practice, games all through the fall on Couglin Stadium. not even the same, nice try though. and Yes, SDSU has been lucky to beat NDSU the past couple years and both games were meaningless in a LOST season for NDSU when they played them.

YOU GUYS ARENT READING THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD!!! ARGH!!!

Top Bottom