SDSU breakdown ... what do you want to know?

Doogie

Reaction score
Good news, bad news ... I am back from getting married/the honeymoon ... for some, I hope, that's good, and for others (Bronko, etc...) it may be bad ... anyway, I have someone I am familiar with from the Argus Leader lined up for a Q & A on the Jackrabbits ... what in particular would you like me to ask him (besides if he has a job for me, so I can leave MSP)?

Keys to stopping the Jackrabbits

How do we stop the Jackrabbits on defense? Take away the run or pass?

I think our offense will figure it out this week, heck why not! How will our defense get off the field?

Thanks

How's their secondary look? Corners big enough to be physical with McKnight? Could this be a situation where Stoudemire can really shine on kickoffs and the passing game due to his speed?

I have a few friends that play for the bunnies...i played against their QB and RB...Minnet, their star running back, is giving me horrors of NDSU all over again with a big white RB owning us...All in all, they're a solid team, but we should completely smoke them in all phases...just make sure our defense tackles their running game and we'll be complaining about how many student fans left at halftime again, this time for the better reason...

What are the key positional mismatches the SDSU coaching staff is most worried about (if any) when lining up against the Gophers?

Doogie-could you ask them what time the wagon train will be leaving South Dakota? Also will they be pulled by oxen or horses?

Please ask them how the football staff gets along with Saul Phillips and the hoops staff compared to working along side Tim Miles and his staff. What are the differences, etc.

Also, what will the Jackrabbits have to do to compensate for their lack of athleticism on both sides of the ball.

Go Gophers!!

Thanks for the participation, questions submitted ... will have it posted on Friday

This thread pretty much sums up the state of our program at this point. I hope the staff doesn't burn all the gray matter gameplanning for this one-after all, we need to figure out how to score a touchdown against IA in two weeks.

Please ask them how the football staff gets along with Saul Phillips and the hoops staff compared to working along side Tim Miles and his staff. What are the differences, etc.

Wow, Bleed...a little snarky, there...kind of out of the blue...

Doogie-could you ask them what time the wagon train will be leaving South Dakota? Also will they be pulled by oxen or horses?

...and remind them that they are going to need to pick up some helmets with facemasks. They're required in the Big Ten.

(Just trying to drum up some good-natured trash talk...)

ask them if playin on a field NOT shared with a high school team will be a tough adjustment for them?

ask them if playin on a field NOT shared with a high school team will be a tough adjustment for them?

Lakes your better question would be "SDSU what is it like to be a relevant FCS program that will be in the playoffs?"

...and remind them that they are going to need to pick up some helmets with facemasks. They're required in the Big Ten.

(Just trying to drum up some good-natured trash talk...)

They weren't the last time U of M was a relevant football program.

Lakes, Brookings High is allowed to use Coughlin, which is located on the campus of SDSU. Last I checked, North Dakota State Half Way House and College of Silo Tech and Small Gas Engine Repair Fighting Sioux rented space at the municipally owned Poll Barn Dome with the likes of Whapeton Youth Football and several other youth football teams.

By the way, is NDSU still looking to get into some type of bowl this year, or was that the year SDSU beat them for the conference championship?

I want to know if the Jackrabbit coaching staff has a plan to capitalize on the Gopher's penchant for 15 yard penalties? Could be a way to pull off what should otherwise be an easy Gopher victory.

Top Bottom