Scripted plays/ series vs OSU?

STPGopher

Reaction score
I'm wondering if having a scripted series would help vs OSU? We really need to come out of the gates hot vs OSU. We need points early to have a chance. At minimum we need to somehow take a positive position regarding field position.

I'm wondering if having a scripted series would help vs OSU? We really need to come out of the gates hot vs OSU. We need points early to have a chance. At minimum we need to somehow take a positive position regarding field position.

I'm not sure how locking into a script of plays will help the Gophers come out of the gate hotter than running plays based on what the OSU def game plan looks like once the teams are out on the field...

As I understand a script, the point is to run a variety of plays to find out what the def game plan looks like, so you can figure out what plays will work as you go forward

I know we will see "Script Ohio" before the game, that much I am sure of.

I'm not sure how locking into a script of plays will help the Gophers come out of the gate hotter than running plays based on what the OSU def game plan looks like once the teams are out on the field...

As I understand a script, the point is to run a variety of plays to find out what the def game plan looks like, so you can figure out what plays will work as you go forward

I agree about feeling out a defense and I do agree with that helping as well, but a series is also often scripted from film study and what a defenses weakness may be. Based on study, often it works to get points on the board early before the D adjusts. I'm only asking ( I obviously don't know) because I'm wondering if this may give the Offense some confidence and help them get into a rhythm?

The offense was never in sync last Saturday. The running game never had a chance to develop. Heck look at PSU. They struggled at first as well, but they had enough plays to work out of there funk.

I've heard we scripted all three plays in the first series.

I'm sorry, it was just too easy that I couldn't resist laughing at ourselves.

I agree about feeling out a defense and I do agree with that helping as well, but a series is also often scripted from film study and what a defenses weakness may be. Based on study, often it works to get points on the board early before the D adjusts. I'm only asking ( I obviously don't know) because I'm wondering if this may give the Offense some confidence and help them get into a rhythm?

The offense was never in sync last Saturday. The running game never had a chance to develop. Heck look at PSU. They struggled at first as well, but they had enough plays to work out of there funk.

Whether the plays are scripted, practiced 500 times, drawn in the sand, whatever......it all comes down to one thing.......execution.

Tough crowd....

Whether the plays are scripted, practiced 500 times, drawn in the sand, whatever......it all comes down to one thing.......execution.

It's just a thought some idle conversation amongst Gopher fans. The thought behind scripted plays was is that this would be drilled in during practice.....in thought a better chance of executing.

Like your point about executing, I this post is pointless since the coaching staff will never see this anyhow.

I can script the first play for you : "False start, 71 offense"

Top Bottom