Scott Frost FIRED & Updates on Nebraska Coaching Search Thread

Heard Frosty was all cozy with the cart girls at the country club and coeds at a few taverns.
This is one I don't get. I can see college girls throwing themselves at the athletes, but how many college girls want to get with a 40-something year old, even if he's rich? After college, when they realize how hard it is to make a decent living? Sure. But during college? I don't buy it.

I didn’t realize it but Joseph has only been at Nebraska for a few months, was not the offensive coordinator or defensive coordinator and has never been a head coach. He’s been an assistant head coach, whatever that is.
Yeah, the corncobs were all excited to get him in the offseason because he was a part of LSU's National Championship team (WRs coach) and they thought he could recruit the south for them.

I'd actually be curious to know who has more money between the two. I mean, Urban has made a lot, but who knows how much Larry the Cable Guy is worth.
The Internet, which never gives misinformation, says that Larry is worth about $100 million, while Urban is worth a measly $35 million.

Was this out in the open or did he at least go to Council Bluffs lol ? The Nebraska fan pretty much knows everything about every coach and every player. There is no hiding.

I mean no one has ever been successful has ever drank or had sex
Excessive drinking has ended a few careers (football or not). No idea if Frost's ever got to the point of it was affecting job performance though.

Excessive drinking has ended a few careers (football or not). No idea if Frost's ever got to the point of it was affecting job performance though.
drinking has also gotten people promotions, wives, and families

Nebraska’s assistant AD was caught on a hot mic on Friday.

Among other things, he relayed a story about Scott Frost bragging about “fucking” a Nebraska cheerleader shortly after being hired.

Here’s the video. Cheerleader story is at 07:00-07:45

Last edited:

Another interesting stretch is from 12:00-13:50.

@13:45 Stai, the Assistant AD, says Frost “stole” $40 million from the school.

Last edited:

Among other things, he relayed a story about Scott Frost bragging about “fucking” a Nebraska cheerleader shortly after being hired.

You could be right, but I couldn’t hear what he said. If true, what is an assistant AD doing talking about stuff like that with a group of radio jockeys? Have some common sense.

Just bizarre stuff going on in Lincoln. Hopefully with any karmic justice 40 years in the wilderness coming. I dislike Nebraska more now than before Frost was fired.

Lincoln fans are delusional. They still think we are "Nebraska" no you are the old "Minnesota". The parallel between the Gophers 1969 National Championship and the fall from grace seems eerily similar to Nebraska's last 1997 championship and their thud. IMO, now that you are in the Big Ten it's a lot harder to dominate a league where every school is big and have lots of money. Welcome to Varsity good luck!

What a disaster

Leipold having ties to Nebraska bothers me. He coached in the state for over a decade and spent some time in Lincoln as an assistant. I believe his wife may also be from Nebraska. I'd be happier for him if he kept building a winner in Kansas and joined the B1G before going to Nebraska.

Wow. He's Urban Meyer without the wins.

You could be right, but I couldn’t hear what he said. If true, what is an assistant AD doing talking about stuff like that with a group of radio jockeys? Have some common sense.

Just bizarre stuff going on in Lincoln. Hopefully with any karmic justice 40 years in the wilderness coming. I dislike Nebraska more now than before Frost was fired.
When a coach is let go, especially in the middle of a season, the sports section and the airwaves are filled with all kinds of crap denigrating them for all kinds of things, some of it not on the playing field. I can remember when Brewster was fired there was all kinds of talk about an impending staff insurrection, how he and Maturi were oil and water, how the team (almost in its entirety) was totally disinterested in academics. Some of it was likely true, but the press amplifies a whisper into a primal scream. There was nothing as lurid surrounding Brewster's departure when compared to Frost's, but I take a lot of this with a grain of salt.

I think Frost is a dolt and should be embarrassed that he ever took a paycheck with the University of Nebraska on the top, but we are seeing some classic piling on as he leaves town. If some of this stuff is true and violates the law, call the Lancaster County Attorney.

When a coach is let go, especially in the middle of a season, the sports section and the airwaves are filled with all kinds of crap denigrating them for all kinds of things, some of it not on the playing field. I can remember when Brewster was fired there was all kinds of talk about an impending staff insurrection, how he and Maturi were oil and water, how the team (almost in its entirety) was totally disinterested in academics. Some of it was likely true, but the press amplifies a whisper into a primal scream. There was nothing as lurid surrounding Brewster's departure when compared to Frost's, but I take a lot of this with a grain of salt.

I think Frost is a dolt and should be embarrassed that he ever took a paycheck with the University of Nebraska on the top, but we are seeing some classic piling on as he leaves town. If some of this stuff is true and violates the law, call the Lancaster County Attorney.

Frost failed, yep, but Trev’s department looks and sounds like a joke. Just ridiculous. I’m glad I’m not a Nebraska fan…

Leipold having ties to Nebraska bothers me. He coached in the state for over a decade and spent some time in Lincoln as an assistant. I believe his wife may also be from Nebraska. I'd be happier for him if he kept building a winner in Kansas and joined the B1G before going to Nebraska.
Yeah I would not like it if Leipold got the gig. Looks like he is off to a great start at Kansas, and has won everywhere he’s gone. Hopefully they grab O’Brien.

Yeah I would not like it if Leipold got the gig. Looks like he is off to a great start at Kansas, and has won everywhere he’s gone. Hopefully they grab O’Brien.
Leipold, Aranda, Rhule would be people I think could get the Huskers competitive. I think Charlie Weis would be the best available option

Please let this happen. I would love to see Bill O’Brien become the Nebraska head coach.
To me Bill O’Brien could be Bo Pelini 2. Talented, strict and emotional. After the surly Scott Frost, I’m not sure if Nebraska is ready for O’Brien.

Came across this nugget over at HuskerMax...don't think we'll have any concerns for Coach Fleck defecting if Husker Nation has a say in it...although do give credit to the 27% who said yes...

View attachment 20359

P.S. See that Formo is still out there too...
ha! I pop in here and there to lurk during the season but had to be a bit more active due to the hate PJ gets by some of those husker fans.

Hello Formo. You are respected rep for the Gophers on many forums.

Was just listening to Corn Nation's Monday Night Therapy session. Already knew he lived here in the Twin Cities but he admitted to his bro that he's a Husker first but roots for the Gophers second.

So at least he's getting some vicarious pleasure this season as his Huskers figure out where the next corn field is located.

Hello Formo. You are respected rep for the Gophers on many forums.

Was just listening to Corn Nation's Monday Night Therapy session. Already knew he lived here in the Twin Cities but he admitted to his bro that he's a Husker first but roots for the Gophers second.

So at least he's getting some vicarious pleasure this season as his Huskers figure out where the next corn field is located.

A comment on the Monday Night Therapy Session:
705B443B-E624-414D-94A5-19499115E859.jpeg

😂🤣

Top Bottom