Scoggins on watching Clark

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

A sporting event was held at Williams Arena on Wednesday night, but to call it a basketball game would be like calling the iPhone a technological advancement or the Caribbean Sea a body of water.

This was an experience. A phenomenon. A circus.

I'm no Swiftie, but I'm pretty sure I witnessed the basketball equivalent.

The Caitlin Clark Show blew into town, and it was impossible to take your eyes off the gunslinger wearing green sneakers.

Fans packed the old Barn to the rafters and the greatest scorer in women's college basketball history painted them a masterpiece

Random thought.

Bueckers had all the media and hype a few years ago. Even though she's still excellent, the media and hype are almost all gone.

Clark has all the media and hype now, and it's justified. Clark is superior to Bueckers now, and has been for years. Maybe she always was better, but Iowa goes unnoticed nationally.

Even the USC freshman gets more media tham Bueckers.

Is Bueckers happy the light has dimmed, so she doesn't have to deal with those distractions, or is she sad to have lost it?

Random thought.

Bueckers had all the media and hype a few years ago. Even though she's still excellent, the media and hype are almost all gone.

Clark has all the media and hype now, and it's justified. Clark is superior to Bueckers now, and has been for years. Maybe she always was better, but Iowa goes unnoticed nationally.

Even the USC freshman gets more media tham Bueckers.

Is Bueckers happy the light has dimmed, so she doesn't have to deal with those distractions, or is she sad to have lost it?
Next year, BTN, Fox and Peacock will be Juju 24/7 just like it was Caitlin 24/7.

Clark and Juju..

im laying $$ down Clark stays..
I thought she'd stay, and it still might make sense to stay.

However, when she goes, there's going to be a massive marketing push for her. She's going to be the face of the WNBA on Day 1.

Attendance will shoot way up for her Indiana team and the away teams she plays. Television ratings will also go way up, and they've already been increasing a lot the last few years.

I say all this because the CBA is up in 2025 and the media rights are up very soon, too. If they get big ratings in 2024, then that'll increase media rights fees and player salaries.

If Clark goes this year, she can literally increase her pay for her whole career by barnstorming the WNBA this year.

If she waits another year, then the WNBA won't have those hypothetical 2024 TV ratings to bank on.

Short-term, Clark will make more money and travel better next year by staying in Iowa. Long-term, she'd probably be better to go this year.

I thought she'd stay, and it still might make sense to stay.

However, when she goes, there's going to be a massive marketing push for her. She's going to be the face of the WNBA on Day 1.

Attendance will shoot way up for her Indiana team and the away teams she plays. Television ratings will also go way up, and they've already been increasing a lot the last few years.

I say all this because the CBA is up in 2025 and the media rights are up very soon, too. If they get big ratings in 2024, then that'll increase media rights fees and player salaries.

If Clark goes this year, she can literally increase her pay for her whole career by barnstorming the WNBA this year.

If she waits another year, then the WNBA won't have those hypothetical 2024 TV ratings to bank on.

Short-term, Clark will make more money and travel better next year by staying in Iowa. Long-term, she'd probably be better to go this year.
she l make plenty in the wnba.. her NIL deals will follow her to the WNBA.. they will jut get a new name of endorsements

Clark is gone, she filed for the WNBA draft per all the websites.

Cheryl Reeves on the chance Indiana will trade out of the #1 pick:

"How do I say this? Not a chance ... People are going to say, 'Sell the farm to get her.' Well, the farm ain't going to be enough to get her."

Top Bottom