Scholarships to Walk-ons under Fleck

noamfromm

Reaction score
In the Max Grand commitment thread he mentioned that we have averaged ~4.5 walk ons getting a scholarship per year. I was curious if that was actually the case. It turns out we have given 19 players scholarships. The information is hard to find but I think the ones that received multi-year scholarships are: Renner, Cashman, Herbers, Ruschmeyer, Annexstad, & Howden. I probably won't follow up and see how this compares with others in the B1G but it does seem like we are creating a program that is maximizing our available talent through our walk-on program.

Walk-ons
Sam Renner
Justin Juenemann
Blake Cashman
Bailey Schoenfelder
Johnny Santaga
Axel Ruschmeyer
Conor Rhoda
Emmit Carpenter
Jacob Herbers
Clay Geary
Derek LeCaptain
Bishop McDonald
Calvin Swenson
Brock Annexstad
Preston Jelen
Calvin Swenson
Zack Annexstad
Jordan Howden
Peter Udoibok

In the Max Grand commitment thread he mentioned that we have averaged ~4.5 walk ons getting a scholarship per year. I was curious if that was actually the case. It turns out we have given 19 players scholarships. The information is hard to find but I think the ones that received multi-year scholarships are: Renner, Cashman, Herbers, Ruschmeyer, Annexstad, & Howden. I probably won't follow up and see how this compares with others in the B1G but it does seem like we are creating a program that is maximizing our available talent through our walk-on program.

Walk-ons
Sam Renner
Justin Juenemann
Blake Cashman
Bailey Schoenfelder
Johnny Santaga
Axel Ruschmeyer
Conor Rhoda
Emmit Carpenter
Jacob Herbers
Clay Geary
Derek LeCaptain
Bishop McDonald
Calvin Swenson
Brock Annexstad
Preston Jelen
Calvin Swenson
Zack Annexstad
Jordan Howden
Peter Udoibok
I completely forgot Howden was a walk-on. The walk-on program has been great under Fleck.

I completely forgot Howden was a walk-on. The walk-on program has been great under Fleck.
Howden and Annexstad were maroon shirts (walk on but then are awarded a scholarship in the following Jan) if I recall correctly and understand how maroon shirts work.

Le Captain was a walk on … one who has been very good for the team. He is on scholie now. Earned it. All around player..

Last edited:

Top Bottom