Scholarship Slot for PG Going into the Bank?

akgopher

Reaction score
No Joseph or McCallum might mean only two sign in the early period. Maybe a stellar PG slips into the late period and we come on late, especially if we have a top 3 finish and win a couple of games in March.

If not, who is the PG I think plays at Central that caught the staff's attention? Also, is Alipate a Big Ten prospect? Maybe we roll in two years with a frosh, Cobbs, and maybe Devoe covering the 1.

Regardless, the state not producing a 3 or 4 star player in 2010 really hurts. Hopefully 2011 will a typical MN HS crop.

You're probably thinking of Estan Tyler who plays at Johnson. I think last year was a real high point for MN high school ball with 6 kids who were high major types (I'm including Jordair Jett). As to 2011, I don't see Alipate as a Big 10 kid. When looking at that class, I see up to 4 kids playing at a high level but all of those kids have legit questions to address before they make it there.

Regardless, the state not producing a 3 or 4 star player in 2010 really hurts. Hopefully 2011 will a typical MN HS crop.

Exactly. With Tubby here we'll presumably always get the top in-state guys -- the Royce Whites, Cole Aldrich's etc. -- and will apparently get good prospects (but not 5* types) from out of state. If the state produces a 5* player about every other year we could be a championship caliber team, but where is that talent in the pipeline?

Especially strange because Iowa had the #1 recruit this year, and Wisconsin has a top-5 player next year. I'd like to say we could help ourselves to the top player in Iowa or Wisconsin as well, but apparently that's not the case (yet).

Exactly. With Tubby here we'll presumably always get the top in-state guys -- the Royce Whites, Cole Aldrich's etc. -- and will apparently get good prospects (but not 5* types) from out of state. If the state produces a 5* player about every other year we could be a championship caliber team, but where is that talent in the pipeline?

Especially strange because Iowa had the #1 recruit this year, and Wisconsin has a top-5 player next year. I'd like to say we could help ourselves to the top player in Iowa or Wisconsin as well, but apparently that's not the case (yet).

Harrison Barnes was going to be tough to get, but you'd think we'd be able to steal a Vander Blue considering how boring it would be to play Bo ball. Wisky and Chicago are going to be especially tough, even with a Tubby Smith, because of the revitalization of Marquette during the past 6 or so years. We're going to get Izzo's leftovers in Michigan, Crean and Painter will lockdown Indiana making the upper midwest a brutal area to recruit. Minnesota is going to have to produce top talent and keep them here to be a legit conference team.

How about going over sea to recruit. Has this been tried?

Top Bottom