Schnoodler

golfinggopher

Reaction score
So, I was thinking after the new coach was hired that maybe we would see a return of Schnoodler. I know some people thought that maybe he was actually Coach Brewster....Does anyone know for sure? He did disappear about the time Brewster was fired. Too bad, I thought he was a very good poster for what it's worth! Go Gophs and good luck to coach Kill!

I miss Schnoodler as well. I believe it was Doogie (or another prominent poster) who had met Schnoodler and could attest to the fact that Schnoodler was not Brewster.

Anyway, Schoodler--wherever you are--put down the ice cream and get back to your football-loving brethren (and sisteren--sorry Nadine).

It would be hilarious if it actually were him, but I doubt it.

A friend of mine has him on Facebook and he is neither Doogie or Brewster. Dude seemed pretty broken by last season though.

I paid up on my bet. I can validate he is not Brewster. However, he disappeared because I asked for a refund when it was obvious that I was right, even though it took the staff a couple of games to validate it.

That is the bad thing about on-line communities. You "get to know" people so-to-speak, sometimes to the point where you would be willing to help out a "cyber-friend" in need, if there was one. I'm not saying Schnoodler is in need, dead, trapped in a mine, etc. I have no idea. I don't know him. I know that I felt like taking a "vacation" from all the mouth-breathing and tantrums around here from time to time. But, I would certainly feel bad if something bad actually happened to Schnoodler.

If Schnoodler was Brewster, given the number of posts he had racked up, it would certainly explain the lack of preparation in Brewster's teams. :)

I paid up on my bet. I can validate he is not Brewster. However, he disappeared because I asked for a refund when it was obvious that I was right, even though it took the staff a couple of games to validate it.

Could you explain??

We had a bet on whether Bennett or Eskridge would be the starter. I took him out to lunch shortly after Bennett racked up 11ty billion yards.

I was kidding in regards to asking for a refund.

I pm'd him but never got a reply. I was hoping he'd come back as well. A lot of negativity on this board probably got to him?

Correct me if I am wrong but I think his last post was a losing bet of his last $11 in the GH PS Pick Game.

It was made at 2:42 AM on 10/22.

Perhaps he was only in it as long as his GH bucks lasted?

If I've got that right and that was his last post... there was nothing to suggest "I can't take it anymore, GH is is too negative", or "this message board isn't serving my needs". There was nothing to suggest he'd be away for a while, or forever in his regular posting habits.

Bummer.

Get back Schnoodler

I am kinda disappointed with some of the mean spirited remarks in here that I think drove him away. You know who you are.

I miss Schnoodler as well. I believe it was Doogie (or another prominent poster) who had met Schnoodler and could attest to the fact that Schnoodler was not Brewster.

Anyway, Schoodler--wherever you are--put down the ice cream and get back to your football-loving brethren (and sisteren--sorry Nadine).

Just wanted to point out that you are at 1,999 posts. Save #2000 for something special.

I am kinda disappointed with some of the mean spirited remarks in here that I think drove him away. You know who you are.
I agree, but he was pretty gruff in the way he dealt with people too so he kind of had to expect that. Once the Brewster stuff blew out though I really hoped people would let it go, but people like theilleagle or whatever his name is kept bumping old threads of his to pat themselves on the back.

He didn't at all seem like the type that would shy away from that stuff. In fact it was my impression he feasted off those types on this board. I have been concerned it is something bigger like family stuff.

Guy gets driven out for supporting a Gopher coach on a Gopher board and the trolls never leave.

I think the rehashing of the thread entitled "Changing of the Guard" was the one that sent him over the edge. It was the one where he started it by saying "There's something different about this (2010 Gopher Football) team. A quiet confidence we haven't seen in a long time..."

Dude's gotta realize we all have bad takes now and again. Earlier this year someone posted about Bill Lynch and his shaky job security and I went on a tirade about how he was turning the corner, all the great offensive weapons he got to go there, and that "Lynch wasn't going anywhere." Oops.

I was surprised that nobody found the thread and rehashed it, but even if they did it's not like I'd stop posting. Sometimes you just have to admit an opinion you had was an epic fail and move on.

I think he admitted (at least stopped standing by his prediction) by various posters kept shoving it down his throat . I think it would be pretty hard to get destroyed over and over for being optimistic about the talent level (not the coaching, he always seemed to be high on the players) on this team.

I think the rehashing of the thread entitled "Changing of the Guard" was the one that sent him over the edge. It was the one where he started it by saying "There's something different about this (2010 Gopher Football) team. A quiet confidence we haven't seen in a long time..."

Dude's gotta realize we all have bad takes now and again. Earlier this year someone posted about Bill Lynch and his shaky job security and I went on a tirade about how he was turning the corner, all the great offensive weapons he got to go there, and that "Lynch wasn't going anywhere." Oops.

I was surprised that nobody found the thread and rehashed it, but even if they did it's not like I'd stop posting. Sometimes you just have to admit an opinion you had was an epic fail and move on.

The thing that was sort of spooky was I don't believe Schnoodler ever said anything about it really bothering him. I could be wrong, I don't check GH 24x7 and I made it a habit to stay out of those stupid rehashings of old threads that people were pulling up to thump their chests. Perhaps he said something? If so, I just missed it.

I just find it strange that if there was something about GH content that drove Schnoodler away, why would his last post simply be a GH pick'em board bet?

Hopefully he is just waiting for a lot of the new negative posters to die down and will come back. He always seemed like he had a big focus on recruiting.

The thing that was sort of spooky was I don't believe Schnoodler ever said anything about it really bothering him. I could be wrong, I don't check GH 24x7 and I made it a habit to stay out of those stupid rehashings of old threads that people were pulling up to thump their chests. Perhaps he said something? If so, I just missed it.

I just find it strange that if there was something about GH content that drove Schnoodler away, why would his last post simply be a GH pick'em board bet?

Yeah, I don't think he made a post about his dissatisfaction with the thread being brought up again, but people (not me) were certainly piling on making fun of his take. I just thought that might be the reason since it seemed he stopped posting soon after that thread was brought up again.

Yeah, I don't think he made a post about his dissatisfaction with the thread being brought up again, but people (not me) were certainly piling on making fun of his take. I just thought that might be the reason since it seemed he stopped posting soon after that thread was brought up again.

There are a select few on here that almost seem to enjoy being right and making fun of other's predictions more than the Gophers winning. There were many hoping that Brewster would fail just so they would feel good about being able to say "I told you so."

There are a select few on here that almost seem to enjoy being right and making fun of other's predictions more than the Gophers winning. There were many hoping that Brewster would fail just so they would feel good about being able to say "I told you so."
(thailleagle)

Speaking of a certain poster, I must have missed the report of all the offensive players transferring after the MSU game.

It was in the (...) You just have to read braille.

Poor Schnoodler.............man that guy sure loved Coach Brewster. He said the most stupid things defending him that he left himself open for attacks. I think most of the rational people on here knew that Brewster was in way over his head and would probably get fired at the end of this season but Schnoodler for some reason really thought Brewster was a great coach.

I think Scnoodler should come on back - we can always use some positive posts about the team!

Schnoodler set up a rendezvous with dance4raiders. She then raped and killed him. Tough story.

Top Bottom