Schedules Complete through 2019, Georgia Southern Added.

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Look at that '19 schedule. TITTY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Non Conference completed. No power 5 team. Aren't we required to have one? Or are we going to move or buyout a game?

2019 Non Conference completed. No power 5 team. Aren't we required to have one? Or are we going to move or buyout a game?

We don't have one in 2018 either. And while I don't know the specifics of the rule/how it's enforced, Delaney has said teams should play one power non-conference opponent per year: http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ndates-power-5-opponents-no-fcs-foes/related/

So I would guess you'll see a home-and-home, home in 2018 and away in 2019, kicking Fresno off the schedule.

We don't have one in 2018 either. And while I don't know the specifics of the rule, Delaney has said teams should play one power non-conference opponent per year: http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ndates-power-5-opponents-no-fcs-foes/related/

For 2018 I always figured we were grandfathered in. We had those games all scheduled before they announced the requirements. Will be interesting to see. I would like to see us to schedule a Power 5 team.

Fresno State was scheduled in June of 2015. Requirements announced in July 2015.

I asked Kevin Kelley from fbschedules.com and he replied with this:

"Who knows, their official release says their schedule is “complete.” Maybe the B1G will take the game at Fresno State as an exception. They are also not supposed to play FCS teams, but South Dakota State was already scheduled."

I think some teams from the Missouri Valley Conference (FCS) give Big Ten teams better competition than the Southern Conference (FBS). Might as well work on replacing Georgia Southern after adding them and throw Boston College on the schedule.

There is a good chance that Georgia Southern will not be an easy game.

I see playing Georgia Southern as getting exposure in a fertile recruiting ground quality of the opponent was a secondary consideration at best.

There is a good chance that Georgia Southern will not be an easy game.

No, this will not be an easy game. They have played Georgia close a couple of times and hung with Ga Tech last week. Georgia Southern is a quality program with national title tradition, a triple option offense and they have upset some name foes. See Florida a couple of years ago in Gainesville. If this was about scheduling a team from Georgia to help increase our recruiting base in that state I would have rather arranged a home and home with Georgia Tech. I don't think playing the Eagles at TCF helps us any more in recruiting than what we do now. Taking the Gophers and the Big 10 into the heart of ACC/SEC country and metro Atlanta however would draw eyeballs to our program by locals in the metro area which we are recruiting hard.

Then again, this may have nothing to do with recruiting and everything to do with Ga Southern being the only team they could line up. Who knows????

I think some teams from the Missouri Valley Conference (FCS) give Big Ten teams better competition than the Southern Conference (FBS). Might as well work on replacing Georgia Southern after adding them and throw Boston College on the schedule.

Personally I would like to see the Gophers buyout the Jackrabbits and schedule a power five team but that's just me. Does SDSU schedule division 2 teams?

Personally I would like to see the Gophers buyout the Jackrabbits and schedule a power five team but that's just me. Does SDSU schedule division 2 teams?

To add to the great comments in this thread...

SDSU beat NDSU
NDSU beat Iowa
Iowa beat Minnesota this year

And still I believe Minnesota would beat SDSU....

Thanks to this post, I looked at the Gophers' schedule through 2019. Does anyone know why Maryland is on it every year and Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State is only on each once?

To add to the great comments in this thread...

SDSU beat NDSU
NDSU beat Iowa
Iowa beat Minnesota this year

And still I believe Minnesota would beat SDSU....

I love it anytime Iowa loses. This just tells me SDSU fans are less delusional then NDSU fans. Of course the Gophers will win.

Thanks to this post, I looked at the Gophers' schedule through 2019. Does anyone know why Maryland is on it every year and Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State is only on each once?

So that all 3 can be on the schedule the following 3 years and allow us to have our Alvarez moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see playing Georgia Southern as getting exposure in a fertile recruiting ground quality of the opponent was a secondary consideration at best.

Unless it is too early to make my "Pick to Click" for the game, I will go with Drew Hmielewski.:clap:

Top Bottom