Schedule

XMan

Reaction score
We are all disappointed in how the a Wisconsin game turned out. But we were in this game until the final five minutes. Avoid some dumb errors and we could have left with a win. Look at the stats though and they were clearly the better team last night, especially at home.

However, swap schedules with them and look at what our record would be. They didn't have to play Michigan and Ohio State, they got Maryland and Rutgers.

Replace TCU for some team like Tulane on our schedule we would be one win better, replace Ohio State for Rutgers we would probably be one win better. Avoid a dumb fumble against Illinois and we could be one win better. That would make us 11-1.

This is the trouble I think when comparing Big Ten wins from year to year from this point forward. Next year we get Ohio State and Michigan again and the badgers once again get Maryland and Rutgers. Two years from now we get Rutgers and Maryland and the Badgers get Michigan and OSU. The Gophers could have a better big ten record two years from now and actually not be much better than they are this year.

The crossover games ended up having no impact on the division race.

Wisconsin swept Iowa, Nebraska, and Minnesota.

Michigan was a bad team this year. Worse than Maryland and Rutgers.

Well both Rutgers and Maryland beat scUM as well this year.To be fair wisco lost to LSU

Well both Rutgers and Maryland beat scUM as well this year.To be fair wisco lost to LSU
If we would have won 3 more games we would have been 11-1

If we would have lost close games to Nebraska, Purdue, and northwestern we would have been 5-7.

My point is that there are some folks claiming the team has not made any improvements compared to the glen mason years. While 8-4 is similar to previous years, the big ten sechedule can be vastly altered year to year.

While we may have had the "tougher" schedule it didn't really play into the division race like Some Guy said. Both us and wisconsin had to win the last game to win the division so people really need to stop complaining about this. Our crossover games are the same next year except switching stadiums actually might make them a little harder. We are 8-4 in back to back years, time to put on our big boy pants and stop complaining about the schedule and expect to compete with the best in the B1G. I don't want to back into a B1G championship game by having the easier schedule. I want the team to earn it by beating the best to be the best.

Dropped in thinking this was going to be a 'wait until 2019' thread. With that schedule that is when we go undefeated, hopefully

Top Bottom