Schedule and Predictions

alaska

Reaction score
WIN Aug. 31 Nebraska CornhuskersHuntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN8:00pm ET
WIN Sep. 9 Eastern Michigan EaglesHuntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN7:30pm ET
WIN Sep. 16 at 21 North Carolina Tar HeelsKenan Memorial Stadium, Chapel Hill, NC3:30pm ET
WIN Sep. 23 at Northwestern WildcatsRyan Field, Evanston, ILTime TBA ET
WIN Sep. 30 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns (HC)Huntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN12:00pm ET
LOSE Oct. 7 2 Michigan WolverinesHuntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MNTime TBA ET
Oct. 14OFFSaturday
WIN Oct. 21 at Iowa HawkeyesKinnick Stadium, Iowa City, IA3:30pm ETNBC/
WIN Oct. 28 Michigan State SpartansHuntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MNTime TBA ET
WIN Nov. 4 Illinois Fighting IlliniHuntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MNTime TBA ET
WIN Nov. 11 at Purdue BoilermakersRoss-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, INTime TBA ET
LOSE Nov. 18 at 5 Ohio State BuckeyesOhio Stadium, Columbus, OHTime TBA ET
WIN Nov. 25 25 Wisconsin BadgersHuntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MNTime TBA ETETFOXBuy Tickets

10-2....How can we see it any other way?

I still think we lose a head scratcher, but I hope we can upset MI or OSU. So I have them losing to Illinois and OSU.

WIN Aug. 31 Nebraska CornhuskersHuntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN8:00pm ET
WIN Sep. 9 Eastern Michigan EaglesHuntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN7:30pm ET
WIN Sep. 16 at 21 North Carolina Tar HeelsKenan Memorial Stadium, Chapel Hill, NC3:30pm ET
WIN Sep. 23 at Northwestern WildcatsRyan Field, Evanston, ILTime TBA ET
WIN Sep. 30 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns (HC)Huntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN12:00pm ET
LOSE Oct. 7 2 Michigan WolverinesHuntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MNTime TBA ET
Oct. 14OFFSaturday
WIN Oct. 21 at Iowa HawkeyesKinnick Stadium, Iowa City, IA3:30pm ETNBC/
WIN Oct. 28 Michigan State SpartansHuntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MNTime TBA ET
WIN Nov. 4 Illinois Fighting IlliniHuntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MNTime TBA ET
WIN Nov. 11 at Purdue BoilermakersRoss-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, INTime TBA ET
LOSE Nov. 18 at 5 Ohio State BuckeyesOhio Stadium, Columbus, OHTime TBA ET
WIN Nov. 25 25 Wisconsin BadgersHuntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MNTime TBA ETETFOXBuy Tickets

10-2....How can we see it any other way?
The only logical other way to see it is to beat Michigan at home for 11-1
regular season. That would give us a second crack at The OSU on a neutral field.

I realistically have us at 8-4, maybeeeee 9-3. Losses being Between UNC, WISCO, IOWA, MICH, and tOSU, going 1-4 or 2-3 against those 5

If PJ wins 9 regular season games this year then I certainly take my hat off to such an accomplishment. This is schedule is obviously challenging and quite simply, a bit unknown with the new coaches we will face. I am a bit concerned about Nebraska right out of the gate, they seemed to find away to lose to us a few times lately, they will be better coached than recent years. Hoping for the best!

If PJ wins 9 regular season games this year then I certainly take my hat off to such an accomplishment. This is schedule is obviously challenging and quite simply, a bit unknown with the new coaches we will face. I am a bit concerned about Nebraska right out of the gate, they seemed to find away to lose to us a few times lately, they will be better coached than recent years. Hoping for the best!
There definitely is a realistic path to those nine wins.

This is the year to get two monkeys off our back. PJ is 0-6 against Iowa/Ferentz. Iowa will be much better than last year; it would mean a lot be beat Iowa at Kinnick this year. The Gophers are 0-8 against Bielema; Illinois probably will be good—and Bert game plans well for the Gophers—but we need to beat Bielema. Can’t let this serial beat down go on. Got to over these two humps, and our record should be good.

This is the year to get two monkeys off our back. PJ is 0-6 against Iowa/Ferentz. Iowa will be much better than last year; it would mean a lot be beat Iowa at Kinnick this year. The Gophers are 0-8 against Bielema; Illinois probably will be good—and Bert game plans well for the Gophers—but we need to beat Bielema. Can’t let this serial beat down go on. Got to over these two humps, and our record should be good.
We could lose to Illinois, but they won’t be good. They’ll be competitive. I would argue they were pretty average last year and they’ll be much worse this year

We could lose to Illinois, but they won’t be good. They’ll be competitive. I would argue they were pretty average last year and they’ll be much worse this year
Illinois did have, by many metrics, the best defense in the nation last year. To me, that ain't average. But Illinois lost many of its defensive studs to the NFL in the draft, so my hope is that its defense won't be a good as last year's. Illinois isn't in the position to simply "reload" at that level. Illinois also had Chase Brown, and extraordinary RB who was every bit as effective (and more versatile) than Mo. Brown, of course, is also gone to the NFL (drafted). This is definitely the year for PJ to secure Minnesota's first win against Bielema in 9 tries.

Illinois did have, by many metrics, the best defense in the nation last year. To me, that ain't average. But Illinois lost many of its defensive studs to the NFL in the draft, so my hope is that its defense won't be a good as last year's. Illinois isn't in the position to simply "reload" at that level. Illinois also had Chase Brown, and extraordinary RB who was every bit as effective (and more versatile) than Mo. Brown, of course, is also gone to the NFL (drafted). This is definitely the year for PJ to secure Minnesota's first win against Bielema in 9 tries.
Illinois lost to Indiana last year and was 1-4 after nov 1
Including a loss to 5-7 Michigan state

They did have the best October in the country though

Illinois lost to Indiana last year and was 1-4 after nov 1
Including a loss to 5-7 Michigan state

They did have the best October in the country though
Weird.

Now that the Covid extra years are behind us it is very difficult to predict this year's outcomes in college FB based on the performances of last year.
Added to the uncertainty of untried players are the portal and the new coaches in the West.
If MN has a winning conference record and has also won at NC it would be a very good season given the schedule and the uncertainties noted above.

. . . Iowa will be much better than last year; it would mean a lot be beat Iowa at Kinnick this year.
If Iowa is better this year, it would be huge to beat Iowa at Kinnick this year. Since 1980, the Gophers are 3-17 in Kinnick, with only 1 win against a good Iowa team (BIG co-champ) coming in 1981, with wins over poor Iowa teams in 1989 (Iowa 5-6) and 1999 (Iowa 1-10). Currently riding a 10-game losing streak in Kinnick.

If Iowa is better this year, it would be huge to beat Iowa at Kinnick this year. Since 1980, the Gophers are 3-17 in Kinnick, with only 1 win against a good Iowa team (BIG co-champ) coming in 1981, with wins over poor Iowa teams in 1989 (Iowa 5-6) and 1999 (Iowa 1-10). Currently riding a 10-game losing streak in Kinnick.
Gotta break the Kinnick Curse if we believe we are the equal of a team like Iowa. Iowa comes into our house and walks off with a win every other year. We broke the Badger Curse by winning first at Camp Randall. Go Gophers.

Been in Vegas the last few days and decided to put down a few Benjamins in favor of our Gophers surpassing the 7 game O/U total. Wish me luck and Go Gophers!

11-2
We beat mich in reg season and our 2 losses are against Ohio state... However I think they are both by 7 or less... I don't know why... But fuck I am sooooooooo optimistic about this year

I'm going with 10-2 as my regular season prediction. I think we drop Michigan and Ohio State, but win out the rest.

Hopefully, that would be enough to win the division, but rankings go by overall conference record first, so unfortunately an 1 loss west division team could beat us out for the division title even though we beat them head to head.

However, I am cautiously optimistic at the moment that maybe we can steal a win from one of those 2 and be 11-1 at the end of the regular season. Obviously I might feel different a few weeks into the season, but at the moment it feels possible.

Top Bottom