Scary To Think We Could Be Staring Over

akgopher

Reaction score
If the potential of White and Mbwake never suiting-up comes true, then we not only lost one recruiting season, but two. Coach Smith's first class was very solid, and last year's class lead by Mbwake and White was even better. This year's class so far provides depth/complimentary players and mediocre and considering what we were supposed to have on the roster- that was fine.

If we lose Mbwake and White and don't land the other Joseph, then dare I say the two last classes suddenly appear to be "Monson-like" and we are in for a tough road ahead with Johnson and Westbrook leaving.

The Coach Smith hiring suddenly looks less brilliant on paper if the worst case scenario comes true and we inevitably enter year four expecting mediocre play under the legend. I don't agree with that perception and place a lot of blame on circumstance and am more disappointed with White and Mbwake (if the evidence supports his guilt) for letting us down.

Another factor really hurting us this year and next year is the poor quality of prep classes coming out the state this year and next year. Not a lot of Big Ten talent there. The lack of an Aldrich, Leuer, or a White puts a lot of pressure on the coaching staff to recruit nationally, but then again Coach Smith and Coach Taylor came here with the reputations and are being paid based on their peceived ability to do that.

If the potential of White and Mbwake never suiting-up comes true, then we not only lost one recruiting season, but two. Coach Smith's first class was very solid, and last year's class lead by Mbwake and White was even better. This year's class so far provides depth/complimentary players and mediocre and considering what we were supposed to have on the roster- that was fine.

If we lose Mbwake and White and don't land the other Joseph, then dare I say the two last classes suddenly appear to be "Monson-like" and we are in for a tough road ahead with Johnson and Westbrook leaving.

The Coach Smith hiring suddenly looks less brilliant on paper if the worst case scenario comes true and we inevitably enter year four expecting mediocre play under the legend. I don't agree with that perception and place a lot of blame on circumstance and am more disappointed with White and Mbwake (if the evidence supports his guilt) for letting us down.

Another factor really hurting us this year and next year is the poor quality of prep classes coming out the state this year and next year. Not a lot of Big Ten talent there. The lack of an Aldrich, Leuer, or a White puts a lot of pressure on the coaching staff to recruit nationally, but then again Coach Smith and Coach Taylor came here with the reputations and are being paid based on their peceived ability to do that.

Not having both of those guys could be very damaging to next years team. We just don't have enough talent to overcome such a situation. I'm hopeful we have both and things start to improve.

Speaking of the lack of talent D1 talent coming out of Mn this year... I recalled this list last year, anybody know of a similar list going for this years prep class?

http://www.d3boards.com/index.php?topic=3616.13845

D1
Mike Brusewitz, Henry Sibley - Wisconsin
Trent Lockett, Hopkins - Arizona State
Rodney Williams, Robbinsdale Cooper - Minnesota
Royce White, Hopkins - Minnesota
Mike Broghammer, Hopkins - Notre Dame
Marc Sonnen, Tartan - Northern Iowa
Josh Figini, Chisago Lakes - Cornell
Mike Felt, Redwood Valley - North Dakota State
Jordan Aaberg, Rothsay - North Dakota State
Sam Dower, Osseo - Gonzaga