Say something nice about Iowa (2021 edition)

They absorb the nation's politicians, wanna-be politicians and their pandering for a solid 18 months of every 4 years. Like a nose tackle freeing us up to make plays and enjoy life

In Fort Dodge, Iowa is a large Floyd of Rosedale sculpture. It’s at the former site of the Rosedale Farms. Worth checking out if you’re in the area. I thought it was pretty neat!

Their current coach has a winning percentage of .727 against Minnesota which is an improvement over their last coach who was only .600 against Minnesota.

American Gothicesque Iowa is a good place to retire. They have a relatively low cost of living. Iowans are very friendly (minus football rivalry). The Twin Cities and the Mall of America are nearby. Iowans go to Minnesota for pro sports, many arts and entertainment options, great shopping options, and a top-four culinary center in the country. The Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN is close by and serves a lot of Iowans with advanced medical care. So, Iowa is not so bad after all. They cannot do without Minnesota.

Mark Coyle and his wife are from Iowa, and so do many other transplants.

Much maligned Iowa has dominated the Gophers in football. PJ Fleck has never beaten Kirk Ferentz. We hope this will all change this coming weekend! :):cheer::pig::cheer:

Last edited:

They must have a unique source for pink paint since they use it so much over the past 20+ years.
73989a4a5b963138a17259ae1a4f2224.jpg

The Children's Hospital waving thing might be my favorite "tradition" in college football.

Their attendance record isn't a fraud like Nebraska's sellout streak.

In Fort Dodge, Iowa is a large Floyd of Rosedale sculpture. It’s at the former site of the Rosedale Farms. Worth checking out if you’re in the area. I thought it was pretty neat!
The real Floyd is buried on a farm in Minnesota (true story). We already have it forever. Unless they want to dig it up and bring it back to Iowa.

I once had a surprisingly good steak at a Flying J on I-35 just north of Des Moines. My old punk rock band once did a gig at a community center/VFW type thing in Holstein and the kids were alright and into it, and it was a fun time. All the fire hydrants there were painted like spotted cows, which was a nice touch.

I always feel relieved when I'm leaving it's borders.

I always feel relieved when I'm leaving it's borders.
I like to relieve myself on their borders (and on their interiors). The reason Iowa was invented was to take a shit on it. Not worth anything more.

Top Bottom