Saw Norwood Teague

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
At The Fair today in the DNR Wildlife Building. Glad to see he's embracing MN culture, like eating fried food while observing taxidermy.

I was at the the U booth at the fair today. I saw they had a table for Goldy's Kids Club. The Kids Club has been the best kept secret at the U for ages, few people knew about it, you really had to dig to even know about it. Until recently, you had to print out a form and mail it in - stone age. Now you can order online, which is a step forward... except the web page doesn't work. Didn't work last year either. Have the computer science students construct it, and tell them they only pass if it works.

Last year, they had ads for the Kids Club when they were playing highlights. But the people at the desk where you ordered tickets didn't have the forms, and I don't think they ever heard of the Kids Club.

Now, this isn't directly Gopher football related, the free admission for kids that the club gives is just for non-revenue sports. But the real potential the Kids club has is that it can turn the kids into Gopher fans. Get them when they are young. Teach them to love Goldy Gopher today, and maybe they are students at the U a decade or so from now, they will be showing up for games.

There was more Maroon and Gold wear bearing worn at the fair than I ever recall. hats off to you guys! esp. the 'Minnesota Football is All-Star Football.' shirt wearing guy. also, we all did a great job singing the rouser during the parade!

Top Bottom