Fact is.....after the first two weeks....the defense has given up:

@Colorado - 0 points
BGSU - 14 points
@Purdue - 13 points
Nebraska - 23 points
Maryland - 13 points
@Northwestern - 14 points

Illinois - 14 points

As much as I love AWjr.....pair this defense with the 2019 offense....and that team is legit. The fact is that our offense couldn't muster more than 17 points combined against Bowling Green and Illinois. That's with one of the biggest and most experienced offensive lines in the NCAA. A quarterback that is a third year starting senior.

Imo.....Sanford is interviewing for his job these last few weeks. He's been leaning on his offensive line to disguise the fact that his playcalling lacks any creativity whatsoever. Illinois and BG defenses are not elite. Iowa and Wisconsin's are.

A sole consolation of this game would be if we could have a repeat of 2018 Robb Smith following the embarrassing defensive performance against Illinois. Then go ahead and repeat the beating Wisconsin part too :)

I surprised nobody has mentioned Sanford's own admission in an interview that Simon is more creative than he is. Sanford is like Kills OC Limegroder (sic) who finally admitted at the end that he wasn't suited for that position.

A sole consolation of this game would be if we could have a repeat of 2018 Robb Smith following the embarrassing defensive performance against Illinois. Then go ahead and repeat the beating Wisconsin part too :)
Nebraska coaches usually get fired after losing to the Gophers before Thanksgiving.

I think Gopher coordinators usually get fired after losing to Illinois. Rob Smith did. I think it is someone else's turn. Gee, do we know who that is?

So, will Mike Sanford Jr be still around tomorrow?

Fact is.....after the first two weeks....the defense has given up:

@Colorado - 0 points
BGSU - 14 points
@Purdue - 13 points
Nebraska - 23 points
Maryland - 13 points
@Northwestern - 14 points

Illinois - 14 points

As much as I love AWjr.....pair this defense with the 2019 offense....and that team is legit. The fact is that our offense couldn't muster more than 17 points combined against Bowling Green and Illinois. That's with one of the biggest and most experienced offensive lines in the NCAA. A quarterback that is a third year starting senior.

Imo.....Sanford is interviewing for his job these last few weeks. He's been leaning on his offensive line to disguise the fact that his playcalling lacks any creativity whatsoever. Illinois and BG defenses are not elite. Iowa and Wisconsin's are.
Sanford Jr would get licked as a D2 OC.

I’m guessing Sanford sticks around for at least another week, unfortunately. Especially while we’re still technically in contention for the division. I think if our O looks equally pathetic next week it’ll happen. By then, I think there’ll be so much angst amongst the fanbase that Coyle/Fleck will know change is necessary.

Sanford is starting to prove he should not be the OC and play caller. He has no feel for in game adjustments and our senior QB has regressed badly in two season under his leadership in QB room. As was the case with Robb Smith, the play calling on offense is holding the program back from turning a page forward. The offense moved the ball some but got completely constipated at end if first half and 3rd quarter, just far too much time wasted. I'm fine with everyone else, but this dude has worn out his welcome.

There's got to be some sort of "change your best because this isn't working" discussion forthcoming.

Sanfords problem has not necessarily been how he shows up for big games like Ohio state this year we put up a solid amount of point but it wasn’t enough. It makes me the most angry how he calls plays against teams he thinks will be easy. It’s all vanilla and simple nothing creative and no changes in game from original plan when it doesn’t work. I thought the BG game was the wake up call he needed, apparently not so the only logical decision is to announce his release tomorrow and make Simon the interim OC with permanent job depending on how these next games go or bring back ciarrocca at the end of the season

He's got two films of Gopher games they lose. Figure out the antidote for teams smart enough to know how to disrupt and render the Gopher Offense ineffective.

If he’s not going to be renewed after December, fire him now.

Sanford has a history of making teams worse. Sanford also fails to adjust in game against the competition.

Rossi made an in game adjustment and held them to only 14 points while Sanford continued with the same crap which was predictable. Ever defensive player could line up and stack the box, have one wr all alone on the outside, and Sanford will still have them RUTM after the 5 check backs

I’m uneasy about what this offense will be able to do against Iowa’s defense. I’m absolutely petrified to see what Wisconsin’s defense (currently ranked #1 in the nation allowing just 215 yards per game, and giving up just 7.7 ppg) will do to Sanford’s group.

Top Bottom