San Juan... who's going?

Rouser

Reaction score
So Mrs Rouser and I finally said,
and bought tickets to San Juan. Hopefully we will run into a few other Holers at the games... Should be a good time. Anybody else going?

Mrs. BigMan's Game and I are in. We're pumped that the first game is in the evening. Beach all day - hoops at night. If you hear a guy yelling, "AAAAAAAAAAAL Nolen," that's me.

Went ot LA last year and had a great time, despite how the games turned out. I have been trying to talk some of my Husker friends into going this year, but looking like it will be Orlando next year.

I am going
Went the last time Gophers were there.....Had a great time

I'll be there. We (sal and Mrs sal) are leaving 11/13 and spending the days before the tourney bumming around the Island. Stops will include Luquillo, Guanica and a "beachy" place near Rincon...then thursday through sunday in San Juan to see some hoops. I'm looking forward to a good game with W. Kentucky and then (hopefully) a great game vs UNC. I need a vacation and this trip should be just what the Dr. ordered. The last road trip to a Gopher game for us was Iowa City 01/10 and it was 30 below, this should be a little more hospitable.

You and Mrs. Sal may want to check your travel dates. The tournament starts on November 18th. It would be a shame to miss the Gopher's victory over the Tarheels.:)

Good point shorty. I will edit my post, then no one will know I screwed up the dates.

We'll be there. Looking for the Gophers to make it to the finals as the team did when we last saw them at the Big Ten tourney last March. Perfect that all the games will be at night.

Probably

Thinking about it/leaning towards going - Staying a block or two off Condado Beach helps lower the room costs... Old San Juan has some fairly inexpensive hotels as well. The 'package deal' offered seems high priced. But if you want to have a buffet w/Tubby and stay at the teams posh hotel, I suppose it could be considered worth it. The stadium looks great.

The wife and I are going, as are two other couples we know of. We made our own travel arrangements, but Creative Charters is offering a tour package (creativecharter.com).

Thinking about it/leaning towards going - Staying a block or two off Condado Beach helps lower the room costs... Old San Juan has some fairly inexpensive hotels as well. The 'package deal' offered seems high priced. But if you want to have a buffet w/Tubby and stay at the teams posh hotel, I suppose it could be considered worth it. The stadium looks great.

What "package deal" are you referring to?

starts on November 18th. It would be a shame to miss the Gopher's victory over the Tarheels.:)

Hey, the odds of a W there improved with Will Graves getting kicked off UNC's team. Now they have very few players who were any good coming back off of last year's team (really just Zeller and Henson - I don't think anyone else who's coming back was actually good for them last year). It's basically Harrison Barnes (who could be NPOY) and an NIT-caliber supporting cast (i.e., if they didn't have Barnes, they would be an NIT team again). Hopefully the Gophers pull out a W there if the two teams meet.

There's also the package, referred to in my earlier post, offered by local tour company, Creative Charters (creativecharter.com), which is cheaper than the Anthony tour package.

I think all the packages are good if you don't want to bother researching all the options (there are a lot of them). That said, buying tickets and booking a hotel independently will most likely save you money at this point. The plane tickets were not too bad, but we had to check every day. They typically drop for one or two days each week and then go back up, so a daily scan of the prices is in order if you go it alone.

The Anthony Travel package seems high. Creative Charters has an $879 package which is a very good deal. Hilton, 2 blocks from Condado Beach, and shuttle from and to the airport. This package requires double occupancy, so it you're traveling solo it's an additional $410.

Top Bottom