Sam Schlueter to play in Hula Bowl

Awesome, hope it works out for him and he can catch enough eyes to hear his name called on draft day.

Sam Schlueter has been a model team player for the Gophers who kept working hard despite severe criticisms by fans when he got thrust into the starting lineup early out of necessity.

He sucked it all in and worked hard to be a solid starter. In contrast, a much-heralded teammate coming out of high school quit on the team.

Kudos and thank you, Sam Schlueter! Good luck to you!

He put in the work and really improved while at the U. Like hungan pointed out, he got thrown into the fire and was the target of a considerable number of barbs from the fan base, but it's a testament to his mental toughness that he kept at it and honed his natural physical gifts. Always hard to tell what happens on the third day of the draft, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up getting drafted (if not, he's a lock as a UDFA if he wants to continue playing). He is impressive physically.

I like that too. Good nickname for the stadium.
It's not a nickname. It's the actual official name of the stadium now. It's like Huntington Bank Stadium being "Gopher Hole" on the marquee.

Since the playing surface is slightly below grade it could be considered "The Gopher Hole"

It's not a nickname. It's the actual official name of the stadium now. It's like Huntington Bank Stadium being "Gopher Hole" on the marquee.

Since the playing surface is slightly below grade it could be considered "The Gopher Hole"

Oh. I figured that they had a sponsorship name.

Oh. I figured that they had a sponsorship name.
I did too. Used to be Bright House and Spectrum cable companies. But from all I can tell it's simply "Bounce House" now.

Huntington Stadium = Gopher Hole Stadium

Visiting Teams will be afraid to go to the Gopher Hole!

That has a nice ring to it!

Sam is a heck of a run blocker. Good luck to him!

I do think he’ll be drafted. He’s a mid round guy imo.
He was rock solid. IMHO, these types of reliable lunch pail players are coveted by NFL teams to augment the stars on the lineup. They say a good lineman is one that is seen but never heard from.

How did the Hula Bowl end up in Orlando? Only missed the mark by a few thousand miles.
Aloha Stadium has been condemned as unsafe. UH has had to play in a tiny 15,000 seat on campus stadium this season and for the foreseeable future.

How did the Hula Bowl end up in Orlando? Only missed the mark by a few thousand miles.
Aloha Stadium no longer viable as was already mentioned. I'm guessing the plan is to return when there is a replacement venue so that is why they've kept the name.

Top Bottom