Sam Freeman Enters Transfer Portal

Good luck to him, i hope he can find the right fit for himself. I don’t think he would have ever been more than a role player at Minnesota though.

Wish him well. I think he as an above average player and should have played much more than he did.
Above average compared to the general population of the world?

Yeah.

Above average compared to B1G basketball players?

Uh...no.

Well, the Gophers managed to finish 13th in the B1G with Freeman and Williams.

Now, certainly you can argue that Pitino could have or should have used certain players differently. Or that certain players would have been more effective in a different system.

But, we're still talking about a backup post who averaged 7 minutes a game, and a SG who averaged less than 6 points a game, and saw his numbers go up in large part due to injuries to other players.

So, let's see who replaces those players on the roster.

I, for one, am willing to give Johnson the benefit of the doubt that he can find players who are at least equal to - if not better than - Williams and Freeman. If he can't, then everyone can start screaming that the sky is falling.

Isn't Freeman the one who stood in the lane for over 3 seconds, traveled, and made other rookie mistakes during the last 3 games of the year?

We shall see if the 10th player on Johnson s team are better. Freeman is a valuable player.
Well thats not anywhere close to "an above average player" now is it?

As for this post, "10th player" and "valuable" seem incongruous.

Well thats not anywhere close to "an above average player" now is it?

As for this post, "10th player" and "valuable" seem incongruous.
Ask Oats at Alabama how deep they run we one example.

Ask Oats at Alabama how deep they run we one example.
So then Freeman is an "above average" player?

That's your claim.

Just admit you've made a ridiculous statement, and drop it.

Gone:
Carr
Mash
Tre
Freeman
Curry
Mitchell (probably)
Pohto (probably)

TBD:
Johnson
Liam
Gach
Ihnen

Staying:
Gabe
Thompson

Yikes.
Odd to add “probably” to any list unless you have inside info.

Top Bottom