SalivaDirect potential game changer (for the good)

If the one 3m is working on gets approved, it would be better than the Yale test. That’s the paper strip saliva test some people have mentioned

If the one 3m is working on gets approved, it would be better than the Yale test. That’s the paper strip saliva test some people have mentioned
The Yale test wasn’t approved, it was given emergency authorization. Optics before the election, in my (wordless) opinion.

Better testing and more access to testing is absolutely needed. But without actually bending the curve of infections it won't change the decision process for these schools IMO.

not a doctor, but as I understand it, the saliva test still needs to be processed by a lab. that's fine if you have a lab in close proximity and can get test results back in a relatively prompt fashion.

but, if you have to send in the test to some out-of-town lab to be processed, I'm not sure that it speeds up the process enough to make a really significant difference.

apparently, this test does not require some of the same reagents that are needed to process the nasal swab test, so that could be a positive.

not a doctor, but as I understand it, the saliva test still needs to be processed by a lab. that's fine if you have a lab in close proximity and can get test results back in a relatively prompt fashion.

but, if you have to send in the test to some out-of-town lab to be processed, I'm not sure that it speeds up the process enough to make a really significant difference.

apparently, this test does not require some of the same reagents that are needed to process the nasal swab test, so that could be a positive.
The pro sports teams already have access to rapid testing. I think the thing this changes for the colleges is that it will probably be much cheaper and they are already desperately strapped for cash.

The pro sports teams already have access to rapid testing. I think the thing this changes for the colleges is that it will probably be much cheaper and they are already desperately strapped for cash.
Sure. If it works.

Emergency authorization, isn’t the most trust-inducing policy, after the debacles with rapid antibody tests and HCQ.

Sure. If it works.

Emergency authorization, isn’t the most trust-inducing policy, after the debacles with rapid antibody tests and HCQ.
You finally got something partly right! HCQ is a scandal! 100,000 people have likely died in the US because of Fauci and the FDA stopping its early use.

Top Bottom