Sagarin Predictions: Week 6

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Been dreading this update as I figured we did ourselves no favors in the formulas this past weekend - and I was partially right. Our outlook doesn't look great (it looks worse than it did last week) but not by a whole lot. There are still some toss-up games out there, but as of now there are also some games where we can expect to be heavy underdogs - case in point, Michigan, who the formulas adore (they are #7 in this week's ranking). That whole stretch of Michigan-Ohio State-Iowa is looking like a murderers row for our Gophers.

This coming weekend is our best chance for a victory. Don't pull it off on Saturday, and 3-9 is (dare I say) well within the realm of possibility. No time like the present to step it up and turn the tide.

I'm using three lines this year - the GOLDEN_MEAN spreads, the PREDICTOR spreads, and the RECENT spreads, found here.

Last week's post can be found here.

vs TCU L
@ Colorado State W
vs Kent State W
vs Ohio W
@ Northwestern L
@ Purdue (-8.5, -0.5, -10)
vs Nebraska (+0.5, +7, PICK)
vs Michigan (+12, +18.5, +9.5)
@ Ohio State (+21, +21.5, +20.5)
@ Iowa (+16.5, +17.5, +14.5)
vs Illinois (-1, +5, -3.5)
vs Wisconsin (+7.5, +14.5, +6.5)

Predicted Record [based on an average of the three models] 4-8 (1-7)

Likely wins (>6 point difference [average] in favor of Minnesota): @ Purdue
Likely toss-ups (within 6 points [average]): vs Nebraska, vs Illinois
Likely losses (>6 point difference [average] in favor of opponent): vs Michigan, @ Ohio State, @ Iowa, vs Wisconsin

Thanks for posting this, always interesting to look at. Can't wait to prove them wrong... hopefully.

yikes- - I am hoping we avoid the 55-0 type of blow outs this year. This may be a long embarrassing year or on the flip side one with lots of upsets. It is hard to figure out where the wheels fell off to put us in such an underdog roll is so many games

Top Bottom