Sagarin Predictions: Week 6

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Last week had us as favorites at home (oops), but the loss hasn't changed the math too much. Iowa is #36 in the latest rankings, a big jump from their position last week.

As always, I take the PREDICTOR score and add the home-field advantage to the home team to come up with predicted spreads/favorites.

Spreads are all relative to the Gophers (negative means the Gophers are favorites, positive means the Gophers are underdogs).

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2013/team/

@ Michigan +11.5
@ Northwestern +10.5
vs Nebraska +3.5
@ Indiana +8
vs Penn State +7
vs Wisconsin +11.5
@ Michigan State +11

Predicted Record 4-8 (0-8)

Likely toss-ups (within 6 points): vs Nebraska
Likely losses (>6 point difference): @ Michigan, @ Northwestern, @ Indiana, vs Penn State, vs Wisconsin, @ MSU

Last week's prediction: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...son-it-s-time-for-a-Sagarin-Prediction-update

A touchdown dog in every game but one. Going to be hard to find 2 wins there...

I'm thinking Indiana and Penn State. The Indiana game would be a track meet. Something like 35-27.
Penn State? If we handle their QB I think we've a shot. Wisconsin a.k.a. ( Becky, Rebecca, Skunks, gutter snipes) will blow us out. MSU we might keep it close because their offense is about like ours, but their defense is rock solid. Northwestern is tough. I think we will put a few point on the board against them, but their offense will roll us over. Nebraska I put in the catagory of a possible upset;
especially at home. SDSU ran through them like crap through a goose. I'm hoping 3-5, but my heart says 2-6, and right now that is a stretch.

Is Indiana ready to stop the run? I haven't seen them, but last year they looked weak up front. If we can actually run the ball, I think we win that game.

Welp, that was certainly disheartening to look at. :(

Penn State is their best chance at a win, followed by Indiana.

Nebraska is a horrible matchup I think. They are far more talented than they've shown, they have relatively "easy" wins against Illinois and at Purdue between now and the Gopher game, and two weeks to prepare. The only chance the Gophers have against Nebraska is if they lose one of those games and there is complete chaos in Lincoln, team in disarray, etc

I like the Northwestern matchup a little, as they're coming off a couple tough games with OSU and at Wisky, Gophers with two weeks to get ready. If Northwestern gets bombed both games, they could be reeling.

These are 18-22 year old kids. Any given Saturday.

Unfortunately, I think Wisconsin blows us out. Terrible matchup. Other than that I could convince myself any one of our remaining games could be a W

They way people underestimate Penn St on this board is hilarious. Penn St is down scholarships but their starters on offense and defense man for man are better than the Gophers.

Penn St will probably be a touchdown favorite over Minnesota but around here people act like Minnesota should be favored in the game.

They way people underestimate Penn St on this board is hilarious. Penn St is down scholarships but their starters on offense and defense man for man are better than the Gophers.

Penn St will probably be a touchdown favorite over Minnesota but around here people act like Minnesota should be favored in the game.

i'd guess PSU will be at least a 10 pt favorite barring injury. Hackenberg is going to be a real good player

Could this years "13" be "7"...??? I think it's clear we were better offensively last year...

You're just making that up. Saying MN has a chance is a lot different than saying they should win the game.

I said: " I think we have a shot against Penn State if we can control their QB" Where are posters saying we should be favored? I'm amazed at the selective reading on this site. Take the time and actually DIGEST ! post before you make some brain fart response.

Top Bottom