Sagarin Predictions: Week 12

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
We comin' (ever so slightly)! But unfortunately, we're still looking like blowouts in our last two.

Hey, that's why they play the games.

I use RATING for the scores.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2013/team/

vs Wisconsin +14
@ Michigan State +14.5

Predicted Record 8-4 (4-4)

Likely toss-ups (within 6 points):
Likely losses (>6 point difference): vs Wisconsin, @ MSU

BYE WEEK EXTRA: How should the rest of the season play out? Looking at all the B1G teams, what do the numbers say about final standings (if this week's numbers held constant)?

Legends:
Michigan State 11-1 (8-0)
Nebraska 8-4 (5-3)
Minnesota 8-4 (4-4)
Iowa 7-5 (4-4)
Northwestern 6-6 (2-6)
Michigan 6-6 (2-6)

Leaders:
Ohio State 12-0 (8-0)
Wisconsin 10-2 (7-1)
Penn State 7-5 (4-4)
Indiana 5-7 (3-5)
Illinois 4-8 (1-7)
Purdue 1-11 (0-8)

Week 11 Prediction: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?50024-Sagarin-Predictions-Week-11

I don't mind seeing Sagarin turned upside down by playing the games. Thanks, interesting stuff. I hope Wisky and Sparty take us for granted.

We beat the BADgers and Sparty is a toss up in the real world of college football.

I don't mind seeing Sagarin turned upside down by playing the games. Thanks, interesting stuff. I hope Wisky and Sparty take us for granted.

We beat the BADgers and Sparty is a toss up in the real world of college football.

Certainly, beating Wisconsin would be big - and if Sparty loses to Nebraska next weekend, the season finale would probably be close to a toss-up in the computer-simulated world of Sagarin ratings as well (due to their drop and our gain).

Nebraska 8-4 (5-3)
Minnesota 8-4 (4-4)
Iowa 7-5 (4-4)
Northwestern 6-6 (2-6)
Michigan 6-6 (2-6)

So here's what it comes down to - rank these teams in order of how attractive they would be to the bowls. Is a 7 win Iowa or 6 win Michigan more attractive than an 8 win Minnesota? Personally, I think the bowls would rank them as such:

1/2/3) Ohio St/Mich St/Wisconsin

4) Nebraska
5) Iowa
6) Minnesota
7) Michigan
8) Northwestern

That would put us in the Gator Bowl if the Big Ten gets 2 BCS bids and the Texas Bowl with only 1 bid. Obviously this will likely change as the games are played, but it's one possible scenario (and maybe the most likely one).

We comin' (ever so slightly)! But unfortunately, we're still looking like blowouts in our last two.

Hey, that's why they play the games.

I use RATING for the scores.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2013/team/

vs Wisconsin +14
@ Michigan State +14.5

Predicted Record 8-4 (4-4)

Likely toss-ups (within 6 points):
Likely losses (>6 point difference): vs Wisconsin, @ MSU

BYE WEEK EXTRA: How should the rest of the season play out? Looking at all the B1G teams, what do the numbers say about final standings (if this week's numbers held constant)?

Legends:
Michigan State 11-1 (8-0)
Nebraska 8-4 (5-3)
Minnesota 8-4 (4-4)
Iowa 7-5 (4-4)
Northwestern 6-6 (2-6)
Michigan 6-6 (2-6)

Leaders:
Ohio State 12-0 (8-0)
Wisconsin 10-2 (7-1)
Penn State 7-5 (4-4)
Indiana 5-7 (3-5)
Illinois 4-8 (1-7)
Purdue 1-11 (0-8)

Week 11 Prediction: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?50024-Sagarin-Predictions-Week-11

i find it interesting that our projection vs. wisc got worse despite the upset and got better against msu despite them not playing at all. kind of weird

Nebraska 8-4 (5-3)
Minnesota 8-4 (4-4)
Iowa 7-5 (4-4)
Northwestern 6-6 (2-6)
Michigan 6-6 (2-6)

So here's what it comes down to - rank these teams in order of how attractive they would be to the bowls. Is a 7 win Iowa or 6 win Michigan more attractive than an 8 win Minnesota? Personally, I think the bowls would rank them as such:

1/2/3) Ohio St/Mich St/Wisconsin

4) Nebraska
5) Iowa
6) Minnesota
7) Michigan
8) Northwestern

That would put us in the Gator Bowl if the Big Ten gets 2 BCS bids and the Texas Bowl with only 1 bid. Obviously this will likely change as the games are played, but it's one possible scenario (and maybe the most likely one).

i think i agree with your ranking. Iowa and us could easily flip but i think Mich is going to have major apathy towards their bowl and that will factor in. whoever we play in the bowl will be a test that a victory against will really help in recruiting.

+14 against Wisconsin sounds about right. I really hope we can keep the game close to allow for something goofy to happen...I just don't like this match-up for us at all.

Top Bottom