Sabes - Barnes

TNGophfan

Reaction score
Anybody go last night? If so, how did Barnes and any other kids we are recruiting look?

Thanks,

Here's a writeup from last night from the Czar:

http://tchoops.blogspot.com/

I was there for the game too. Last night was not Barnes's best game, but he still had (according to the Czar) 31 and 11 in a OT loss. He forced some shots and missed some open looks, but it's very clear why he is so highly regarded. He does everything well. Tons of people there for the 9:30 game, standing room only for what ended up being a very competitive fun game to watch.

Here is a quick analysis from ScoutHoops.com:

Harrison Barnes, SF, All Iowa Attack Red- Scout.com’s top ranked player in the class of 2010 lived up to the hype on Friday night. Playing in a rough and tumble game where the refs were letting just about anything go, he set aside any thoughts of crying for calls and attacked the rim relentlessly. A skilled scorer with his back to the basket, he also avoided silly turnovers off the bounce while draining a handful of deep jumpers and delighting the crowd with highlight jams. If somebody else in 2010 wants the number one spot, they may have to literally have to fight him for it.

Thursday afternoon, KC Pump ‘N Run’s Ricky Kreklow took an unofficial visit to Minnesota. The Gophers join hometown Missouri (offer) and pretty much the entire Missouri Valley on Kreklow’s list. Stanford and Virginia have also made recent calls to inquire about the rangy shooter. … Jesse Berry already holds offers from Dayton, Butler and Ball State while Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Providence and others are starting to sniff around. …

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/863749.html

Go Gophers!!

Did anyone see Seantrel play? Is he good enough to play D1 basketball?

Did anyone see Seantrel play? Is he good enough to play D1 basketball?

I saw him play (and several times before this weekend) and I kind of wish people would drop the (idiotic imo) talk of him playing basketball. He's an absolute freak of nature with how well he moves at his size. And he's a fine basketball player but he just is simply not a High DI basketball player.

I saw him play (and several times before this weekend) and I kind of wish people would drop the (idiotic imo) talk of him playing basketball. He's an absolute freak of nature with how well he moves at his size. And he's a fine basketball player but he just is simply not a High DI basketball player.

It's not really idiotic considering he was told he can play basketball here if he wants to. Considering it is a possibility, it is fair to talk about it.
________
Life saber

Pulley recap

Seantrell is not a great player by any means but he is so big and powerful that he gets the job done. If he we're to focus on basketball full time, then I think we would see improvement. He could play limited minutes at most major programs just as a physical presence.

It's not really idiotic considering he was told he can play basketball here if he wants to. Considering it is a possibility, it is fair to talk about it.

I guess I should clarify my "idiotic" comment. The dude is a athletic freak of nature that will be a 1st round NFL draft choice at some point in time.

He is a decent basketball player that could probably fill a few minutes a game for a major DI program.

Which one do you think he will choose when he gets to college?

If he wants to walk-on the bball team because he likes it and to stay in shape, more power to him. I hope he does if he enjoys it. But to talk of him as if he'll be a major player or difference maker is just not the case.

I guess I should clarify my "idiotic" comment. The dude is a athletic freak of nature that will be a 1st round NFL draft choice at some point in time.

He is a decent basketball player that could probably fill a few minutes a game for a major DI program.

Which one do you think he will choose when he gets to college?

If he wants to walk-on the bball team because he likes it and to stay in shape, more power to him. I hope he does if he enjoys it. But to talk of him as if he'll be a major player or difference maker is just not the case.

Has anybody actually suggested that Henderson would choose basketball over football or that he might be a difference maker?

Has anybody actually suggested that Henderson would choose basketball over football or that he might be a difference maker?

It seems like I see a question a month on here asking if Seantrel is going to play basketball or if he's good enough to play basketball. I guess I would say, who cares? Even if he did it's not going to be his focus in college. He'd be insane to focus on basketball enough to make it worthwhile. And to do that he'd have to sacrifice time focusing on his football career which is where he'll make his money.

So, if he chooses to play he'll be a 14th type guy on the team. It'll be fun to have him on the bench but it will have virtually no relevance on how good the team is. The only benefit I can see is if it helps get him for football then let's send Tubby after him but that's it. Sorry if I come off abrasive but I guess in the long run I just think this basketball thing with Seantrel has been blown way, way out of proportion by people. He is a football recruit plain and simple.

<a href="http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/2005/02/26/2005-02-26_owls_call_foul_on_john_templ.html" target="blank" >John Chaney</a> says he'd like to have Seantrel on his team.

Seantrell was offerred by NDSU. and Northern Iowa, but is waiting for the big boys to come calling.

anyone know about Calcuttia? (spelling, sorry) and Marshall Bjorklund? they play in this or no?

Seantrell was offerred by NDSU. and Northern Iowa, but is waiting for the big boys to come calling.

anyone know about Calcuttia? (spelling, sorry) and Marshall Bjorklund? they play in this or no?

O God!! NDSU offered Seantrell??? why is brew even trying? seantrell is going to nodak, shucks

John Chaney says he'd like to have Seantrel on his team.
Coolhand, I remember Clem saying before the '97 season that he has expecting to get "ten hard fouls a game" from John Thomas & Trevor Winter at center. Maybe with Seantrel he'd have demanded "pancakes".

He'd certainly make opponents think it over if they wanted to get too physical with the Gophers. :cool02:

Top Bottom