Saban was given airtime to lobby for his team

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Did anyone else find it... odd... that Saban was given time on-camera during the B1G Title game halftime to lobby for Alabama's inclusion in the CFP?

Will other coaches be given similar opportunities to lobby for their teams in the future?

Maybe this is an ongoing thing; maybe it has happened in the past, and I was simply unaware.

Please no…just no. You should’ve lost to Texas and if so he wouldn’t have any air time. Your team doesn’t deserve it this year. No way, no how. You’ve been there enough, now take a year off and let someone else play. Hell I’d take USC over them for sure if Williams isn’t too hurt.

Well, they did lose to a couple “top 10” teams and defeated three “top 25“ teams (two of which are no longer ranked) so there you go. Cannot fight that logic. The eye test is really all that matters.

Bama just wasn’t great this year, like a lot of teams. Sack of meh.

Did anyone else find it... odd... that Saban was given time on-camera during the B1G Title game halftime to lobby for Alabama's inclusion in the CFP?

Will other coaches be given similar opportunities to lobby for their teams in the future?

Maybe this is an ongoing thing; maybe it has happened in the past, and I was simply unaware.
Let's just trust the coaches, ok?

I’ve seen that before. Also he kept talking about playing top ten teams. LSU was overrated and will most likely drop out of top 20. Would have gotten beat by Texas if they don’t lose their starting QB in first quarter.

Well, they did lose to a couple “top 10” teams and defeated three “top 25“ teams (two of which are no longer ranked) so there you go. Cannot fight that logic. The eye test is really all that matters.

Bama just wasn’t great this year, like a lot of teams. Sack of meh.

A team, or teams, ends up on the bubble regarding their chances to get to the "final four" CFP. It happens all the time... almost every season.

Here's the difference:

Only one coach (Saban) has ever been given time on-camera — in a rival conference's championship game, no less — to lobby for his team's inclusion in the CFP.

Why? Why was Saban given that chance to lobby, when no other coach has ever had that opportunity, in any season? (at least that I'm aware of).

I’ve seen that before. Also he kept talking about playing top ten teams. LSU was overrated and will most likely drop out of top 20. Would have gotten beat by Texas if they don’t lose their starting QB in first quarter.

You've seen other SEC coaches lobbying for their teams at halftime of the B1G championship game before?

Certainly possible, but I don't recall it.

Now, I'm happy that Michigan and Ohio State got in. It is less of a travesty than Bama's coach begging for a spot on TV.

I saw it. I would have preferred to have Saban off the air at that point.

You've seen other SEC coaches lobbying for their teams at halftime of the B1G championship game before?

Certainly possible, but I don't recall it.
I remember them given a chance to lobbying on TV but not necessarily the Big Ten Championship game. I don’t think he asked to do it. He looked uncomfortable in his arguments. I think the network asked him to do it as not to lose viewers during halftime.

Thankfully Alabama didn’t get in. TCU deserved the spot.

A team, or teams, ends up on the bubble regarding their chances to get to the "final four" CFP. It happens all the time... almost every season.

Here's the difference:

Only one coach (Saban) has ever been given time on-camera — in a rival conference's championship game, no less — to lobby for his team's inclusion in the CFP.

Why? Why was Saban given that chance to lobby, when no other coach has ever had that opportunity, in any season? (at least that I'm aware of).

I will continue my Quixotic fight versus the stupid committees until my last breath or college football adopts a system based on wins and losses, championships whichever comes first.

I’d like to ban talking about other out of conference teams during a game….

Too many games the announcers want to talk about anything but the damn game in TV.

I highly doubt the committee listened or cared whatever he said.

Makes his future comments or lobbying less effective. Just shows that he will go out there and lobby regardless of whether there is a logical case for his team being included.

I highly doubt the committee listened or cared whatever he said.

That's not the point, though.

Somebody decided to give him airtime to blatantly beg for a spot in the CFP. That's the strange thing. Why on earth does he get airtime during a broadcast of the B1G Championship to do that?

If I was a coach for, say, Ohio State, I'd be asking, "WTF was that?!?!

Saban did embarrass himself and almost guaranteed that AL would not be in the CFC.
No member could vote for AL without being accused of bowing to outside pressure.
I am not fond of TCU or tOSU but I prefer them to AL.

Top Bottom