Ryan James with an informative tweet

EG#9

Reaction score
Since scoring 15 points against NW in late January Colton Iverson has scored 32 points (11 of 32 FG) in 10 games with 17 turnovers.

Whoa.

He's the one who probably has fallen the most since Al's injury. I'm not sure if they're correlated or what, but he took a big time nose dive, just never looked very comfortable late in the year, missed a lot of bunnies, etc...

He's the one who probably has fallen the most since Al's injury. I'm not sure if they're correlated or what, but he took a big time nose dive, just never looked very comfortable late in the year, missed a lot of bunnies, etc...

I think it may correlate more to the change in the substitution pattern used by Tubby. I don't know if his minutes decreased (don't care to look it up) but it certainly seems like they ran fewer plays for him. Maybe he put to much pressure on himself to try to earn more minutes or maybe his roll is just reduced by Mbakwe's strong play.

I think it may correlate more to the change in the substitution pattern used by Tubby. I don't know if his minutes decreased (don't care to look it up) but it certainly seems like they ran fewer plays for him. Maybe he put to much pressure on himself to try to earn more minutes or maybe his roll is just reduced by Mbakwe's strong play.

I agree, he never played well when Mbwake was on the court. He was forced out to the high post to much and got out of rhythm, often didn't see the ball when he could score. The offense never went through him like it did last year.

Thats the crappy offense they were running though.

I think Colt and Trevor really play the same position. Trevor is more athletic and energetic. Ralph learned to accommodate and play out further. If Colt could learn to shoot from the top of the lane, where he often gets the ball, he might open things up for both himself and Trevor.

I disagree that Colton and Trevor play the same position, Colton is a center and Trevor is a power forward. You could argue that both are "posts", but they play the game differently. As for blaming the lack of Nolen on Colton's struggles, I am not sure that is accurate either. Colton had just 3 games all season in double figures and was held scoreless 5 times. When looking at his career stats, Colton's blocks and field goal percentage have both decreased each year he's been in the program. I was also surprised to see that he's averaged between 5.4 and 5.6 points for his career, I thought he was a little more effective scorer than that. Having a ten game stretch of averaging 3.2 points does not seem that noteworthy when taken in that context. In fact, last year Colton had an 11 game stretch (Jan 2 -Feb 14) where he scored a total of 20 points in 11 games. I was convinced Colton had regressed badly since his sophomore year, but the statistics show that might not be an accurate impression.

I disagree that Colton and Trevor play the same position, Colton is a center and Trevor is a power forward. You could argue that both are "posts", but they play the game differently. As for blaming the lack of Nolen on Colton's struggles, I am not sure that is accurate either. Colton had just 3 games all season in double figures and was held scoreless 5 times. When looking at his career stats, Colton's blocks and field goal percentage have both decreased each year he's been in the program. I was also surprised to see that he's averaged between 5.4 and 5.6 points for his career, I thought he was a little more effective scorer than that. Having a ten game stretch of averaging 3.2 points does not seem that noteworthy when taken in that context. In fact, last year Colton had an 11 game stretch (Jan 2 -Feb 14) where he scored a total of 20 points in 11 games. I was convinced Colton had regressed badly since his sophomore year, but the statistics show that might not be an accurate impression.

They both function in the same spot in the offense. On the hi-lo they both do best looking to catch on the low-block. Colton's not gonna do much or be very good with Trevor, lobbing him passes. That's Ralph's gig.

Unfortunately, neither Colton or Ralph are mentally tough kids. They don't get mad, they get sad. You don't hear Tubby get on them, because he knows they can't take it.
I would not be surprised to see Colton leave. He does not look like he is having any fun at all.

I think Colt and Trevor really play the same position. Trevor is more athletic and energetic. Ralph learned to accommodate and play out further. If Colt could learn to shoot from the top of the lane, where he often gets the ball, he might open things up for both himself and Trevor.

Good observation but Colt has no business playing high post. Too slow afoot, no shooting touch.

My concern would not be as much as him regressing but him not getting any better.

Top Bottom