Ryan Grant

Reaction score
Does Ryan Grant appear to have the potential to become a first team player one day? Also, just curious, were Grant's QB skills even close to being D-1 caliber? Thanks in advance!

I believe Ryan has been a regular on the KO team. He is listed as a LB. His name is never mentioned in the two deep so I expect that ST's will be his major contribution.

Adam Lueck has walked on and made the team as a QB. He never played a down of QB in HS except mop up duty because Ryan Grant was a better QB. So in answer to your question, Ryan Grant is at worst the 4th best QB on the team. I think he could have gone to a smaller school and played QB, smart guy, smart with the ball, accurate....I don't think he had the arm strength to be a FBS QB

Brewster is no idiot. When he took over 3 years ago, one of his very first priorities was to get his foot in the door at the top high school programs in the area. The previous regime(s) did not have a great relationship with those programs so what better way to get the ball rolling and try to improve those relationships?

Offer a scholarship to the Head Coach's kid.

Brilliant! :D

Now, I might be totally wrong and I am going off my memory of 3-4 years ago. I want to say I read that Ryan Grant completed like 70-80 passes his senior year and like 25 of them went for touchdowns. I think he only had 3 interceptions too. He was a great high school quarterback. Big 10 caliber? I don't think he is that caliber.

Any EP guys care/know what his stats were off the top of your head?

Ryan Grant did not show a great arm in high school. More of a smart, game management type QB. Actually, Art's statement may not be as preposterous as it sounds to some.

There's no question he was oferred a schollie in part as a peace offerring to Mike Grant, in part as a legacy (Granpa was Gopher great Bud Grant) and he was a very good all round High School player.

When he was recruited I recall him being mentioned as an excellent long snapper and likely to handle those duties for us at some point.

Brewster is no idiot. When he took over 3 years ago, one of his very first priorities was to get his foot in the door at the top high school programs in the area. The previous regime(s) did not have a great relationship with those programs so what better way to get the ball rolling and try to improve those relationships?

Offer a scholarship to the Head Coach's kid.

Brilliant! :D

Did Art just say something positive? Did someone hack into his gopherhole account, or is he being sarcastic? I'm so confused right now.

Grant has contributed as a RSFR so he was recruited to the UM for other reason(s) than to appease a HS coach or coaches or since he is the grandson of a past Gopher legend.

Probably because he is a player who is capable of playing BT football.

I have another theory about why Ryan Grant got a scholarship. I honestly believe Brewster likes legacies. He wants sons, brothers, cousins all in gopher uniforms -- Grant, the Tow-Arnetts, Hutton, tried to get Kirksey's little brother. Also, sometimes kids with football smarts like Ryan Grant turn out in their junior and senior years to be great players. An Iowa fan like Art should know this very well.

I have another theory about why Ryan Grant got a scholarship. I honestly believe Brewster likes legacies. He wants sons, brothers, cousins all in gopher uniforms -- Grant, the Tow-Arnetts, Hutton, tried to get Kirksey's little brother. Also, sometimes kids with football smarts like Ryan Grant turn out in their junior and senior years to be great players. An Iowa fan like Art should know this very well.

No doubt about it. Don't forget about M. Carter, Pride or the Olsen boys either. I think Rallis also has a little brother we're going after for 2011 too.

Legacies eh? Well, how about his own 2 sons not wanting to play for him?

He said Brewster likes legacies, not that he gurantees every kid will also look to continue that legacy.

Oh ok, I thought it was odd that we were talking about the Packers running back.

I read in some article than Ryan Grant was a Nate Triplett type of player. SP stud back up linebacker.. That would be nice if he could contribute as a LB. He has the blood

I think Rallis also has a little brother we're going after for 2011 too.

Rallis's brother is going to have a lot of schools coming after him and would be agret get for the maroon. He is an outstanding football player.

Top Bottom